Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Oh, how I've missed my weekly Hodgepodge!  Last week was nuts, starting a new full time job while at the same time finishing up my evening job too... add in there soccer games, church activities, and just regular every day life, and whew... we made it, is all I can say about that!  But here I am - still a little nuts, still a little frazzled, but I'm squeezing in some time for a quick Hodgepodge!  Please let me know you've stopped by, and I'll see you next week!

1. What is something you'll never forget about the age you are right now?

How wonderful it is to have all three children at home - my eldest will be off to college in a couple of years, and I know from that point on things will rapidly start changing in our family dynamic.  So I'm treasuring this time...


2. What's a household chore you've never done? How have you managed that???

Cleaned the gutters.  Either we've had homes without gutters, or, well, I just figure they clean themselves out... obviously we haven't had any major issues.


3. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture? Explain? 

Um, this is a little deep for 6 am with no coffee yet, but I would have to say that, in general, it's a combination of the two.  And I'm going to leave it at that because, like I said, no coffee yet... and if I really start rambling now, it's going to go on for fifteen paragraphs...



4. Friday (February 28th) is 'Something on a Stick Day'...funny because Zoanna over atA Penchant for Pens recently sent me an idea for a question relating to this topic. What's your favorite food eaten on a stick? 

First, a giant handwave and shout to my friend Zo!  HI ZO!  :-)


And my favorite food eaten on a stick?  A fudgesicle, of course.  Yummy.

5. Which of your five senses do you treasure most, and why?

Oh gosh... I'm a huge fan of all of them!  When I think about not being able to see, hear, touch my loved ones...  it would be hard to go without any of those... but I'd have to say not being able to see would be the worst.  To see the ocean, the mountains, my loved ones... 


6. What's the best music, theatre, or sporting venue you've been to? What made it great?

I know I can't compete with Joyce, who I'm sure has incredible venues in Italy and England, but for me, I'd have to say it was when I got to perform at Carnegie Hall when I was in college.  What an amazing theatre!


7. It's the last week of the month...in five words or less bid adieu to your February.

God is good - Amen!


8.  Insert your own random thought here.










6 comments:

Zoanna said...

Hey, friend ! Giant wave back atcha! No random thought today , even sans coffee? You MUST be frazzled! What did you oerform at Carnegie Hall? I'm impressed and intrigued. Fudgesickle, huh? Now you have me wanting one and it's only 10:30 am!

Erika Mehlhaff said...

If I could write a million words, to you, my friend, I'd do it. Because maybe a million would be the perfect number of words to build a hug. And then I'd write a million more to add a hug and a good belly laugh (which might be 1.5 million, actually). Prayers for your hip. Prayers for you finding your way along the learning curve of your new job. Prayers for D and his job progress. Prayers that the kids clean up their spilled cereal...and deal with their own laundry...and steam mop your floors for you on Friday after school...

Love,
Erika

Marla said...

My daughter got to perform with a county orchestra at Carnegie Hall too - when she was in high school. What a beautiful place! How do you get there? Practice, practice, practice!! ( :

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh yeah. I never even thought about outside house chores. Yikes. I guess there are many I don't do. Enjoy this time of life with your kids still at home. It is precious and fleeting. Enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge and I too need that coffee first thing in the morning! :-)

Joyce said...

Oh I love Carneige Hall! There are great beautiful venues the world over. Now, I wish I lived nearby and I could sit with you for a glass of wine. Your schedule sounds like one is needed : )

April said...

That little boy is just the cutest! My daughter showed me the video recently and I love it! I could stand to visit Carnegie Hall...I'm sure it's amazing!