I don't know about you, but I feel like I'm still trying to digest all of the awesome Thanksgiving food... oh my goodness... so good... and I need a solid carrot stick diet for the next month! :-) I hope you all had a wonderful holiday - onto the Hodgepodge to get us back into the groove of the week!
1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
Oh good grief - I can't believe that "selfie" is actually an acceptable word, much less the "word of the year" - I mean, seriously? Even my spellcheck has "selfie" underlined for me to correct... my spellcheck is smarter than Oxford Dictionaries, apparently.
That being said, here is the latest "selfie" I took - on Monday, wishing my cousin a happy birthday - my Big C and I snapped this shot as we sat in the carpool lane at the high school!
I don't generally post them online, and I don't mind being behind the lens, as long as at SOME point I'm in a picture so people know that I, too, was present for Christmas 2005, 2006, 2007...
2. Will you send out Christmas cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
Yes! I LOVE sending and receiving Christmas cards - I'm waiting for our picture to be sent to us so I can create our Christmas cards... (we had professional photos taken last week)... I love getting cards in the mail, getting caught up with friends and family. I know that with Facebook, it may seem redundant... but what can I say... I still love it...
3. Do you trust easily?
Yes. Except when the cable guy comes to install a new cable box and doesn't introduce himself, doesn't give a business card, doesn't even have a cable company logo on his van... and I'm left wondering, "who the heck did I just let into my house?" hmmm...
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
It's got to be pine!
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or necessity?
Yesterday, I did more listening. My friend was "venting" about her Thanksgiving weekend, and my hubby was unloading some business stuff... and later that day, I felt God speaking to me... telling me to just listen... so yes, definitely more listening. It's not always a bad thing.
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : )
This song... "Taylor the Latte Boy" which I performed at our Family Talent Show on Saturday night... it was kinda funny... (and, btw, this is NOT me... this is Kristen Chenoweth, who is much more talented than I am!)
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
I'm going to say Neil Armstrong - oh, to see the outer limits of space, which are still unknown... to go where, literally, no man had ever gone before...
Second in line would be Jacques Cousteau - what an amazing man he was, and how much we still have to learn about the deep recesses of our oceans!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Forget Girl Scout cookies... I am now a firm believer that Trader Joes Peppermint Jo-Jos are most certainly laced with crack cocaine. Because, seriously... I can't get enough... YUM. Nom nom nom nom... Good night.
PS - speaking of christmas cards, I'd love to send you one, if you would like! Just give me your address! i love having friends all over the world, and honestly, some of you who I've met through the Hodgepodge feel like lifelong friends to me already! :-) Have a great week!!!
1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
Oh good grief - I can't believe that "selfie" is actually an acceptable word, much less the "word of the year" - I mean, seriously? Even my spellcheck has "selfie" underlined for me to correct... my spellcheck is smarter than Oxford Dictionaries, apparently.
That being said, here is the latest "selfie" I took - on Monday, wishing my cousin a happy birthday - my Big C and I snapped this shot as we sat in the carpool lane at the high school!
I don't generally post them online, and I don't mind being behind the lens, as long as at SOME point I'm in a picture so people know that I, too, was present for Christmas 2005, 2006, 2007...
2. Will you send out Christmas cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
Yes! I LOVE sending and receiving Christmas cards - I'm waiting for our picture to be sent to us so I can create our Christmas cards... (we had professional photos taken last week)... I love getting cards in the mail, getting caught up with friends and family. I know that with Facebook, it may seem redundant... but what can I say... I still love it...
3. Do you trust easily?
Yes. Except when the cable guy comes to install a new cable box and doesn't introduce himself, doesn't give a business card, doesn't even have a cable company logo on his van... and I'm left wondering, "who the heck did I just let into my house?" hmmm...
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
It's got to be pine!
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or necessity?
Yesterday, I did more listening. My friend was "venting" about her Thanksgiving weekend, and my hubby was unloading some business stuff... and later that day, I felt God speaking to me... telling me to just listen... so yes, definitely more listening. It's not always a bad thing.
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : )
This song... "Taylor the Latte Boy" which I performed at our Family Talent Show on Saturday night... it was kinda funny... (and, btw, this is NOT me... this is Kristen Chenoweth, who is much more talented than I am!)
And then my Big C sang the rebuttal...
The whole family talent show was pretty darn hilarious... but yeah, that song has been IN MY BRAIN!
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
I'm going to say Neil Armstrong - oh, to see the outer limits of space, which are still unknown... to go where, literally, no man had ever gone before...
Second in line would be Jacques Cousteau - what an amazing man he was, and how much we still have to learn about the deep recesses of our oceans!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Forget Girl Scout cookies... I am now a firm believer that Trader Joes Peppermint Jo-Jos are most certainly laced with crack cocaine. Because, seriously... I can't get enough... YUM. Nom nom nom nom... Good night.
PS - speaking of christmas cards, I'd love to send you one, if you would like! Just give me your address! i love having friends all over the world, and honestly, some of you who I've met through the Hodgepodge feel like lifelong friends to me already! :-) Have a great week!!!

5 comments:
Like you, I really enjoy getting Christmas cards each year! Sending them out is more time-consuming than I'd like, but the tradition continues! Thank goodness, we don't have a Trader Joe's around here, or I'd probably hop in the car later in search of the Peppermint Jo-Jo's. Sound heavenly!
I still love getting cards, especially with photos, even from my friends who post pics online. I don't do a letter anymore, because I feel like people are pretty much caught up on our lives via social media, but we do still send a photo.
You always make my mood lighter. Thanks! And yes, I would like a Christmas card from you! And I will send you one.
I don't live too close to a Trader Joe's, but now that you have told me about the Peppermint Jo-Jos, I'm going to have to find some. Peppermint is my love language. :)
Your family talent show sounds like so much fun! I would love to hear more about how you do it. Sounds very professional! :)
Have a great week!
Okay, a few things: 1. I must find peppermint jojo's. 2. Christmas cards are fantastic. I have no idea what I will do once my eldest leaves home and no longer sends them out for me! 3. Please tell me that someone somewhere has the mother-son video from the family talent show! Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease!!! I love you, dear Friend!!
E
Post a Comment