Oh what a whirlwind these weeks are! Seems like just yesterday I was posting the Hodgepodge... but then i blinked, and here we are a week later! I love it... a fun little pause in our week... thanks to Joyce for putting up with all of us!
3. I've been a little bit surprised to see fully lit and decorated Christmas trees popping up for the past several weeks in friend's Instagram feeds. So tell the truth-is your tree up and decorated, and if so when did that happen? If not, when will you be decking the halls?
1. What lesson has failure taught you?
That sometimes failure isn't really failure... it's just the way a door opens to another path. But it sure does hurt to go through those failing times...
2. What decision are you glad you made?
To go to counseling in my college years, to transfer to an out of state to college, to marry my husband, ... so many things!
3. I've been a little bit surprised to see fully lit and decorated Christmas trees popping up for the past several weeks in friend's Instagram feeds. So tell the truth-is your tree up and decorated, and if so when did that happen? If not, when will you be decking the halls?
No way!! In my mind it has just turned fall! We never decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving - normally the weekend of, but this year we'll probably wait another week or so. This is our first year in this house for Christmas, so I'm having fun imagining how to decorate! (And we ALWAYS watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and eat Pizza Hut pizza while we decorate... although we may choose another pizza company this year....more about that later)
4. Solitaire-Poker-Rummy-Hearts-Go Fish-Old Maid...which game of cards would you most like to join?
Umm, can I say neither and vote for PINOCHLE all the way!!! Go Veeh Family tradition! :-)
5. This question comes to you courtesy of a Facebook friend, who once upon a time had a blog...When you're feeling stressed do you snack a lot or are you more the 'can't eat' type?
I snack a lot. On carbs particularly. But also chocolate.
6. Have you ever reviewed a product or service on line? Was your review favorable or less than favorable?
OK, so here goes my Pizza Hut complaint. Suffice it to say, our family really likes their pizza. But the one in town here has NEVER given us good service, and two weeks ago they made me so mad that I went out to my car, in their parking lot, and posted a blistering negative Yelp review. Backstory: I had called them, was on hold for 15 minutes as I DROVE TO THEIR STORE, pulled up, walked in (STILL on hold) to find no one on the phone, no one at the front desk, only the guys in the back cooking pizzas. I informed them that I was STILL on hold, even as I stood there - no response. So I sighed and said, fine, let me place my order. But no, the offer I received was an online offer, so I had to place the order online. So I sat there, in front of the lady, and PLACED MY ORDER ONLINE ON MY PHONE! Ridiculous. After I got the order confirmation, I confirmed with her "this says it will be done in 25 minutes - is that accurate? yes? Ok, I'll be back." So I took my 3 children and we walked around the other stores in the area. Returned 30 minutes later... my pizzas weren't even made! I asked her for my order, and I saw her walk back and assemble my pizzas! 10 minutes later, she brings me my pizzas (I have been there, with my 3 starving children, for an HOUR now) and they aren't what I ordered. When I questioned her, she said "Oh the internet should have told you we were out of that." Blank stare... nope, they didn't. No response. No offer to make it better. By this point I was SO mad, but didn't want to scream in front of my children, I simply took the pizzas, steered my children out of the store, turned around and said "If you are trying to get return service, you just failed miserably. In no way did you make tonight's order successful from the first minute on. I will never order from you again." And that is when I sat in my car and raked them over the coals on Yelp! (And when I did so, I also noticed that every single review on that store was awful. Guess I'm not alone... sadly...)
7. What was the best conversation you had yesterday?
Oh, it's a 3-way-tie between my besties Marcie, Martha, and Erika... I was having somewhat of a breakdown yesterday and called each one of them in tears... those are true friends who will (Marcie) text me scripture and meet me for a beach walk, and (Martha and Erika) sympathize and pray and encourage and love... you guys are SUCH blessings to me...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So yes, I have started all three jobs... Working for Crazy 8 in the mall (holiday only... just need them to give me some more hours please!), subbing at a local Christian preschool, and teaching the 2-year-olds at church on Friday mornings. It has been difficult adjusting from what I thought would be me working one job to working three, just trying to piece together enough hours and wages to help us out right now... but I got a sharp reminder yesterday that, as much as I feel out of sync sometimes, like the confused rat at the back of the rat race, this is God's plan, and I need to be ok with that, even when I don't understand. I don't need to understand. I just need to trust. And believe. And pray.
This song came on yesterday as I was driving home... think God was trying to tell me something? ;-)
Have a great week, friends!!
7 comments:
mmm... snacking on chocolate is number one when I get stressed. Chocolate makes everything better!
Hello from Canada!! :-)
That would have driven me crazy about the pizzas, too! And, yes, I most likely would have gone online and given a very honest and open review. Sorry for what you went through. I love it when I can call my friends about some issues I'm going through and all they have to say to me is, "I'll be praying for you" and my worry and stress seem to vanish on the spot.
You really need to write a letter to the management of Pizza Hut - not the manager of that location. Higher up! What you went through was ridiculous! Good luck managing the new jobs, the family, this crazy time of year... hope you keep your sanity! ( :
Oh wow-what an ordeal just to get a pizza! I love Steven Curtis Chapman, and that song is so timely : )
We have traditions associated with tree decorating too. So excited to have my girls home for a few days next week!
I'd be interested to hear how counselling went for you. I am just about to start it and feeling very nervous!
I can imagine your joy in antipating how to decorate a new home for Christmas. Yay for the new!
As for the Pizza Hut story, it was SO bad it made me laugh. Sorry, but you have a gift for telling stories. I can picture you standing at the counter WITH YOUR SMART PHONE placing an ONLINE order. Okay ,Jimmy Fallon would have a blast with that sketch. The place must be a horrible shambles from the top down.
I don't like pizza hut that much, i'd stick with Round Table! :)
Post a Comment