I don't really remember Sundays being anything out of the ordinary - we'd all get up, go to church, come home. Sometimes we would have dinner with my grandparents.
2. How comfortable are you with uncertainty? Explain.
I don't mind a certain amount of uncertainty - I mean, really, the only thing in this life that IS 100% certain, is God's love! Being in the military taught me to be flexible with a life of uncertainty... not that I loved that part of it, but it was just part of the job.
3. What have you accomplished recently that might be described as crafty, as in 'arts and crafts' crafty? If crafty doesn't work for you, how about handy? Or both?
I made some Christmas cards that my friend Jackie sent me from her latest Stamp-a-Stack (she lives in Florida, I'm in California... but we still manage to "stamp together" across the miles this way!)
My very first job was at the Blue Chip Cookie Company in the mall. I worked there for 7 weeks (then they closed the store down) - the only thing I, and the rest of my family, took away from that job were about 6 extra pounds! :-)
5. Cold turkey, talk turkey, what a turkey...in recent days, which turkey phrase or idiom best applies to you and why? Click on the word turkey if you need to read more about the meaning behind each phrase.
Definitely "Talk turkey" - as I have started two new jobs this past week. Figuring out the new workplaces, the jobs and responsibilities, plus the family schedules and meals and... oy... a lot of talking turkey around here!
6. If you could have any one guest join your Thanksgiving dinner table, who would it be?
While I'd love to see dear ones who have passed away, I've honestly got to say that our Thanksgiving will be filled with relatives we have not seen in years, new babies we haven't ever met... can't think of anything better!
7. What is one thing you must accomplish today?
Beat this cold I"m fighting!!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This has been all over the Internet and news this past week, but in case you haven't seen it, sit back and enjoy... Ohio State's marching band, one of the coolest field shows I've ever seen!
Be sure to waddle over here tomorrow and add your link to the party!

6 comments:
TWO jobs? Wow! Hope they both work out but you don't wear yourself out! And, yes, the Ohio State Marching Band is quite impressive!
<3 Praying your cold goes away, and that your jobs situation balances out in the overall scheme of things! Busy, but blessed, it seems to me!!
Love always,
E
That marching band video is AMAZING! I love your answer for #2 - you are so right :) And your fast food answer (6 lbs) totally made me laugh out loud! I'm sure I would have had the same experience working at a cookie store!! Happy Wednesday!
I don't think i've heard of the Blue Chip company. I guess that is what Mrs. Fields is now. Their cookies are pretty bad too. I don't like the fatty taste in them.
Have a great week!!
Two jobs sounds challenging. I hope things settle down, and you figure out a routine that works for you. Love the OSU video!
You're working two jobs??? Oh, my friend, how are you handling that plus the job as mom and wife? No wonder you have to talk turkey. YOu've had a lot to adjust to in the past year, huh? Thanks for always encouraging me when you visit my blog.
Post a Comment