Aloha! Oh how I've missed my Hodgepodge blog these past couple of weeks! But this is where I have been for the past week...
Yep... Maui! And that's a real picture, taken from my phone. Not a postcard. Totally unedited. Ahh, Maui... I'm a huge fan!
We flew out there to join my in-laws and my hub's brother, sister, and their spouses. What a celebration, considering all my MIL has been through the past 3 years. The week was not without its difficulties, of course - you can't have 8 people with strong personalities and agendas together without some very strong emotions at times - but we came out stronger for it, enjoyed our time together, and are refreshed!
So, without further ado - here's my jet-lagged attempt at a Hodgepodge... a word of caution, we flew the red eye home last night so I'm running on about 1 1/2 cylinders right now... in fact, I just woke up from a 2 hour nap in which I dreamed I was living in a gorgeous hillside home and was having a fundraiser for chidren's literacy in honor of my best friend (who passed away 4 years ago) when all of a sudden Gordon Ramsey showed up and my hubby had surprised me with a tea party themed episode of Master Chef to be filmed at our house, along with a Hollywood wedding in the back yard. Who says jet lag can't be entertaining? So who knows what will come out of the Hodgepodge today...
(and of course, please let me know you stopped by, and hop on over to Joyce's blog to see what others have contributed to the Hodgepodge! Mahalo!)
1. What's one thing you learned in September?
Stating your expectations early can help prevent misunderstandings and hurt feelings.
2. Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, zucchini squash, or blech! hold the squash... what's your favorite squash? What's your favorite way to prepare your favorite squash?
My favorite squash is butternut squash, and it's prepared in a souper (get it? Soup-er) yummy butternut squash soup. (original name, I know. See, I told you I was punchy today)
3. The older I get the_______________________________.
The older I get the more I realize just how little I know, how wisdom comes through simply living life one day at a time, and you never know when your world will be turned upside down, so let others around you know just how much you love them.
4. What's your favorite television theme song ever?
5. What do you wish you'd spent more time doing five years ago?
Having more coffee dates with my friend Erika (the one I dreamed about today)
6. What item do you most need (or want) to add to your wardrobe this fall?
I need some more basic sweatshirts - I meant to get one in Maui this week, but you know, when it's 85 degrees, you just don't feel like buying sweatshirts! But brrr, it was a little chilly this morning when we flew home!
7. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts cartoon was introduced to the world. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
The Bugs Bunny & Road Runner Show! In fact, we just found episodes of this on Amazon Instant Watch and our kids LOVED it! So fun...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I found this on Facebook today and it made me smile... wouldn't our daily grind be so much better if we were determined to make others smile in this same way? (For some reason it won't let me post the video directly, and I'm too loopy to try and figure it out - so copy and past the link... trust me, it's worth it!)
http://www.godvine.com/One-Man-in-His-Car-Cheers-Up-Everyone-During-a-Traffic-Jam-This-is-Awesome-4020.html
Have a wonderfully blessed day, friends! Aloha!
Yep... Maui! And that's a real picture, taken from my phone. Not a postcard. Totally unedited. Ahh, Maui... I'm a huge fan!
We flew out there to join my in-laws and my hub's brother, sister, and their spouses. What a celebration, considering all my MIL has been through the past 3 years. The week was not without its difficulties, of course - you can't have 8 people with strong personalities and agendas together without some very strong emotions at times - but we came out stronger for it, enjoyed our time together, and are refreshed!
So, without further ado - here's my jet-lagged attempt at a Hodgepodge... a word of caution, we flew the red eye home last night so I'm running on about 1 1/2 cylinders right now... in fact, I just woke up from a 2 hour nap in which I dreamed I was living in a gorgeous hillside home and was having a fundraiser for chidren's literacy in honor of my best friend (who passed away 4 years ago) when all of a sudden Gordon Ramsey showed up and my hubby had surprised me with a tea party themed episode of Master Chef to be filmed at our house, along with a Hollywood wedding in the back yard. Who says jet lag can't be entertaining? So who knows what will come out of the Hodgepodge today...
(and of course, please let me know you stopped by, and hop on over to Joyce's blog to see what others have contributed to the Hodgepodge! Mahalo!)
1. What's one thing you learned in September?
Stating your expectations early can help prevent misunderstandings and hurt feelings.
2. Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, zucchini squash, or blech! hold the squash... what's your favorite squash? What's your favorite way to prepare your favorite squash?
My favorite squash is butternut squash, and it's prepared in a souper (get it? Soup-er) yummy butternut squash soup. (original name, I know. See, I told you I was punchy today)
3. The older I get the_______________________________.
The older I get the more I realize just how little I know, how wisdom comes through simply living life one day at a time, and you never know when your world will be turned upside down, so let others around you know just how much you love them.
4. What's your favorite television theme song ever?
5. What do you wish you'd spent more time doing five years ago?
Having more coffee dates with my friend Erika (the one I dreamed about today)
6. What item do you most need (or want) to add to your wardrobe this fall?
I need some more basic sweatshirts - I meant to get one in Maui this week, but you know, when it's 85 degrees, you just don't feel like buying sweatshirts! But brrr, it was a little chilly this morning when we flew home!
7. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts cartoon was introduced to the world. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
The Bugs Bunny & Road Runner Show! In fact, we just found episodes of this on Amazon Instant Watch and our kids LOVED it! So fun...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I found this on Facebook today and it made me smile... wouldn't our daily grind be so much better if we were determined to make others smile in this same way? (For some reason it won't let me post the video directly, and I'm too loopy to try and figure it out - so copy and past the link... trust me, it's worth it!)
http://www.godvine.com/One-Man-in-His-Car-Cheers-Up-Everyone-During-a-Traffic-Jam-This-is-Awesome-4020.html
Have a wonderfully blessed day, friends! Aloha!

4 comments:
There's never a bad photo of Hawaii.. too gorgeous! I hope the kids didn't wear out the grandparents too much. I too love butternut squash soup! ;)
Wow....I love Hawaii. Would go back at the drop of a hat. I'm so jealous.
Now, the only thing I can remember right now of your other hodgepodge [Hawaii is on my mind at the moment] Your answer to #3...I personally think your answer is totally WISE...you have the wisdome to know that life continues to be a learning experience.
Oooh, what a great getaway! Gorgeous pic! The video was cute-I hopped over and watched. That song always makes me smile anyway : ) Hope you get a nap today!
Howdy, Friend! Finally able to post a comment--you know I have issues with this! I am so glad to hear that your Maui trip was a success and that you made it home safely! I loved watching the traffic guy...my Little did, too! :) Love you!!
E
Post a Comment