Before I begin, I have to laugh... for those of you who read my blog last week, check out the graffiti the kids and I saw on the beach the next morning!
2. How 'bout one way it's changed for the worse?
GPS. The three (yes, three) apps on my phone rarely agree on the same way to get somewhere, and lets not talk about the one in my car that will cause me to curse faster than a sailor who has run out of rum.
3. Starlight, starfish, starling, Starbucks...your favorite 'star'?
Starfish! Check out this one that you can see with my Middle C - it was HUGE and was just laying there on the rocks at the beach last week!
4. Name a song that's overplayed, but you love it anyway.
This one is all OVER the radio right now, but I think it's just fun... and I get a "cool" factor with my pre-teen... so there you go...
5. When did you last have home made ice cream? Your latest favorite flavor?
Just a couple of weeks ago, when my son and I made Pioneer Woman's recipe - oh my goodness, it was rich and delicious! We made vanilla (and WHAT is up with how much vanilla beans cost? Yikes!!) But anyway, it was incredible... my favorite has a bit of chocolate or caramel in it, but I also like the versatility of a good vanilla!
6. What do you think is the best way to inspire or motivate people?
Firm expectations, then affirmation and recognition when the job is completed well.
7. When was the last time you were without power?
Two weeks ago, we had a blown transformer on base just south of here, so we were without power for several hours - luckily it was in the middle of the night, so it wasn't that inconvenient. Really, in the scheme of things, we are so, so spoiled.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hehehe... we all cracked up! Barry Manilow lives! Lola Lives! :-)
And with that, lets Hodgepodge, shall we? Hats off to Joyce, for hosting this fun little get-together each week! Hop on over to her site to join in on the fun, or just to see what others have answered on these fun weekly questions!
1. Share one way you think the world has changed for the better since you were a kid?
GPS. No need for numerous (sometimes outdated) paper maps that never folded back the same way and took up the entire front seat of the car.
GPS. No need for numerous (sometimes outdated) paper maps that never folded back the same way and took up the entire front seat of the car.
2. How 'bout one way it's changed for the worse?
GPS. The three (yes, three) apps on my phone rarely agree on the same way to get somewhere, and lets not talk about the one in my car that will cause me to curse faster than a sailor who has run out of rum.
3. Starlight, starfish, starling, Starbucks...your favorite 'star'?
Starfish! Check out this one that you can see with my Middle C - it was HUGE and was just laying there on the rocks at the beach last week!
4. Name a song that's overplayed, but you love it anyway.
This one is all OVER the radio right now, but I think it's just fun... and I get a "cool" factor with my pre-teen... so there you go...
5. When did you last have home made ice cream? Your latest favorite flavor?
Just a couple of weeks ago, when my son and I made Pioneer Woman's recipe - oh my goodness, it was rich and delicious! We made vanilla (and WHAT is up with how much vanilla beans cost? Yikes!!) But anyway, it was incredible... my favorite has a bit of chocolate or caramel in it, but I also like the versatility of a good vanilla!
6. What do you think is the best way to inspire or motivate people?
Firm expectations, then affirmation and recognition when the job is completed well.
7. When was the last time you were without power?
Two weeks ago, we had a blown transformer on base just south of here, so we were without power for several hours - luckily it was in the middle of the night, so it wasn't that inconvenient. Really, in the scheme of things, we are so, so spoiled.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This is a picture of my family with my in-laws last week at the beach. For those of you who have followed my blog for a while, you know that my mother-in-law has been struggling with various health issues. We had a wonderful few days with them... making plans for the holidays, and even a possible trip together this fall. Two days after she went home last week, she woke up with shingles. Please pray for relief from the pain, and for there to not be any damage to her eyes, which are already not 100%.
6 comments:
LoL i loved your #1 ! I've had fond road trip memories with my parents and their big map in the front seats. :) Enjoy your week!
I will pray for your mil today. My daughter had shingles last winter and they are positively miserable!
I love the starfish. There is a beach we love down on the Florida Gulf Coast and always loads of starfish under your feet there. They are interesting creatures.
Prayers going out for your mil.
I like that song too :) You can't beat good old vanilla ice cream!
Wow! that's some starfish!! Very cool.
So sorry for your mil. Painful! You must gave been tickled to get to use your starfish picture in the HP today! That intro was funny, too. Isn't it weird when real life and bloglife mingle ?
Post a Comment