Hey there friends! Welcome back to our weekly hodgepodge - a little smattering of randomness that's just, oh so much fun. Hop on over to Joyce's blog, where she gives us our questions each week - the poor thing is sick right now, so leave her a sweet note of encouragement!
I think he is right, but only in that they are both endeavors worth fighting for... and thus to go to extremes is not only expected but is honored.
2. Are you a cereal eater? What's your favorite kind?
Yes, I am a cereal eater - and I do love good granola. My indulgence, though? Lucky Charms. They're magically delicious! :-)
3. A five year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school.
A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts? (If you missed the story click here for details).
My initial response is, are you absolutely serious? I honestly can't even formulate a rational response right now. As a parent, livid would not even begin to describe how I would feel about this.
4. Whatever happened to_____________________________?
Simple common sense. See the story above as the example.
5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because its the birth date of John Hancock. What's the last thing you signed your name to?
I do like my handwriting, and I do a mix of print and cursive. I love the formal look of cursive - as well as calligraphy, though I have yet to learn how to do calligraphy myself. The last thing I signed my name to was a note I wrote today to my friend Lauren!
6. Speaking of John Hancock...ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?
I've never been to Philadelphia, but yes, I would love to see that city - so much history!
7. Share something funny you've heard a child say.
Our Middle C made the comment last night that "Isn't evolution where gorillas made the earth?" :-)
My Little C has the funniest sense of humor - really, just the way he looks at life and observes things around him make us laugh. Here is a conversation we had in the car a few months ago that I posted on Facebook:
Little C, on the way to school after our dr appt today: "Mom, are there dinosaurs in heaven? Heaven must be REALLY big if there are! Are there animals at all in heaven? You think so? Well then if animals are in heaven, then do they go to hell too? Well i think that parrots can go either place, because they can talk and so they can ask God to forgive their sins."
I almost drove off the road I was laughing so hard.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
No thoughts... Just thoughts going to my friends and family in the frozen tundra of Idaho/Utah where it is currently in the single digits. We've been here in southern CA for two weeks... and I'll just leave you with our sunset from the other night! :-)

13 comments:
It's even cold here in GA...I think it's in the 20's this morning! That sunset is absolutely gorgeous...enjoy it for all it's worth! I've been amazed this morning how many have given 'common sense' as their answer to #4, especially after answering the question to #3. Don't you just love having kids with a sense of humor?
Great answer to the first question. They are worth fighting for. I agree that LC are 'magically delicious'. :) And oh, your sunset photo looks good, especially from here where the temp is in single digits this morning. Enjoy your sunny day.
My heart is breaking for these poor people still suffering without heat and power following Sandy. It is positively frigid here right now. Long Island has set up a tent city with heat and power so lots of folks spending the night there.
Beautiful sunset!
A nice analysis by your little one.
All your pictures you've been posting at least give me a warm feeling! The cold is just unbearable here. Glad y'all are adjusting well to your new place!
Love the kid stories today. It is really cold here.
Gotta look out for those parrots' souls! Good answer to number one. Hadn't seen that angle.
I probably would have driven off the road on the parrot comment. That's funny.
Dinosoars? what happened to sharks? :) Anyway can you follow my blog please?
I like your #3 and #4.. Our country sadly has issues, well the world i should say.
Haha! The gorillas making the Earth! You're lucky you get the good raw kid stuff.
It's cold here in southern Oklahoma too. Usually I still have a rose or two left.
Thanks for the tease with the stunning photo.
I am new to this meme and just trying to make my around to see how everyone handles it.
I can't believe how many people like children's cereals.
I'll see you next go around!
I have pictures of your friends flinging snowballs towards you in CA posting that pic! lol
Your answers to number 7 were fab. Brilliant. I really hope there aren't dinosaurs in heaven....
Hello! Enjoyed reading your hodgepodge answers! I just join the hop and am having a great time.
~Sharon @Sharon the Moments
Post a Comment