Hmmm... Labor Day weekend is upon us... so let's not belabor (ha!) the moment and lets get on with it! Happy Hodgepodge my friends!
1. Americans will celebrate Labor Day this coming weekend. Do you know what we're actually celebrating? (without consulting your friends Google or wikipedia, ahem) What's a project you're currently 'laboring' over?
Little C, on the way to school after our dr appt today: "Mom, are there dinosaurs in heaven? Heaven must be REALLY big if there are! Are there animals at all in heaven? You think so? Well then if animals are in heaven, then do they go to hell too? Well i think that parrots can go either place, because they can talk and so they can ask God to forgive their sins."
I almost drove the car off the road I was laughing so hard.
1. Americans will celebrate Labor Day this coming weekend. Do you know what we're actually celebrating? (without consulting your friends Google or wikipedia, ahem) What's a project you're currently 'laboring' over?
Um, oh shoot... I know the answer to this one, really I do... ummmm....
darn.
Right now I'm not really "laboring" over any particular project per say - except that when I'm immobile for the next two weeks after my hip surgery I'm planning on catching up on kids scrapbooks. Digital scrapbooking - it's the only way they'll get done! (insert here after some asked which program I use - my preference is Picaboo - love their layouts and the flexibility as well as the font and background options.)
2. Labor Day also signals the unofficial end of summer for most of us...what summer food will you miss the most? If you're in the southern hemisphere feel free to substitute winter for summer.
I'll miss all of the summer fruit - mango, pineapple, peaches, grapes, strawberries, blueberries... sigh... I really do think I'm meant to live in Hawaii.
3. A well known proverb states, 'It's easier to seek forgiveness than ask permission.' Your thoughts?
In most cases I think it's better to ask permission - that way you've got yourself covered. On the other hand, I have been a part of some organizations that would take FOREVER going through EVERY. SINGLE. BLASTED. COMMITTEE.... just to approve the color of the paint in the bathrooms. Seriously. Oh. My. Lanta. In that case, I may or may not have just finally made an executive decision and really, all parties were fine with it and apparently didn't want to make the decision anyway. Oy.
4. Food critic, film critic, book critic, art critic....which hat would you most like to wear?
Well, after all of the episodes of Master Chef, Hell's Kitchen, and Chopped I've watched - I think I'm completely qualified to be a food critic! :-) hehehe...
5. When you were a kid, who (besides your parents) was your favorite adult?
My grandparents. :-)
6. The astronaut, Neil Armstrong, passed away last week. He was regarded as a hero by many generations of people all around the world. Do we still have modern day heroes? What makes someone a hero?
Absolutely. Any one who is wiling to take a leap of faith, to go where others say it's impossible to go, to go boldly into a situation where others may flee... absolutely we have heroes. Whether it is a military unit, a policeman, or a firefighter who puts their own lives on the line for others... or a teacher who takes the time to make a difference in a child's life... every day we have heroes all around us.
7. I never get tired of __________________.
My children's laughter, and waking up next to my husband!
8. Random thought:
Some of you who are friends with me on Facebook may have seen me post this yesterday - but it's just too funny not to share again.
Yesterday, as my youngest C (age 8) and I were driving him back to school after a doctor's appointment, this is the conversation that took place in my car. Ver batim. You can't make this stuff up!
I almost drove the car off the road I was laughing so hard.
8 comments:
Oh I'm a totally qualified food critic too : )
Do you use Creative Memories software for the digital scrap booking? I am still doing mine the old fashioned way but I enjoy it. I'm awfully slow though!
nice thanks for sharing~!
oh that IS hilarious and really sweet too. ;) I thought he was wild about sharks though? Anyway dont forget about watermelon and corn. :o Summer always goes by fast.
I didn't know Creative Memories had digital scrapbooking. I do a little of both. I get bored and have to change things up.
Little C's comments were hilarious! I love how honest a child can be!
Bahaha, I love when kids talk 'philosophically'! So sweet :) Good luck with your hip surgery. I hope your recovery is quick. And I just have to throw in I LOVE Master Chef! Are you watching this season? Did you see last night?! SO GOOD! Happy Wednesday!
LOL! Smart Little C! I love it when kids say stuff like that... shows that they are thinking :)
Digital scapbooking sounds fun to me...Altough at the moment I am lucky to have time to breathe than to start a project...I will ask more about it when I can actually do it!
I love the conversation with little C. Children say some of the funniest things!
Kids, there always thinking, even when we think that they're not. And obviously they're listening, or he never would have come up with that statement about parrots. That's so great!
Post a Comment