Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pre-op Hodgepodge!


Oh yea!  It's Wednesday again - I actually have an "alarm" set on my phone now on Tuesday evenings to remind me to do my Hodgepodge post!  My hubby laughs at me, but oh well... it's therapy!  Or, at least, a fun break in the daily routine!  So let's Hodgepodge, shall we?  :-)


1. In your opinion what's the most important job in the world? Oh, and parenting is a given so besides parenting, what's the most important job in the world?
Being there for others... whether it is just in opening the door for an elderly person or a mom with a stroller of kids... or paying for the coffee of the individual behind you in the drive-through... you never know when you are going to be the blessing that someone needs, so be a blessing at every chance possible!

2. Share a favorite or not so favorite memory from a childhood birthday.
My 18th birthday.  I bent over the cake to blow out the candles, not realizing that my mom had put the "trick" candles on that relit after blowing the out.  So, my long hair caught on fire on the first row of candles.  The guy I was seeing at the time had to cut my hair.  I'll never forget my 18th for sure!

3. Peanut butter-crunchy or smooth?
Crunchy - all the way!!

4. William Butler Yeats is credited as saying, "Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing." Your thoughts?

Honestly, I disagree... happiness is not when you are growing.  Happiness is being truly at peace with your relationship with God, and with being content in where you are, with the people you are with, no matter what other chaos is going on around you.  

5. What's something that makes you cringe?

Racists.  True Snobs. On an every day scale -  Spiders that I find under my feather bed on my mattress (for REALS!   EEEEEK!)  back to the basics - Rats.  Hatred.  Bigotry.  Chauvenism.  I could go on...

6. Name a song that always puts you in a good mood?

This one!  


7. The answer is yes. What's the question?

Does God love you?  Is He good?  Does He have a plan for you?  Is He always there, no matter what?  Is He the explanation for all that is confusing and uncertain and yet confident in Him?  YES!!!



8. Insert your own random thought here.

36 Hours until I go in for hip surgery... I covet your prayers and support!  Thanks friends!!!  Please pray for my husband as well, who has a HUGE military inspection on his office next week, and for my mother-in-law, who has been battling her own physical and emotional health issues these past few months, but will be here helping me out as I recover from surgery.

(And on that note, you will definitely want to check back here next week... who KNOWS what Hodgepodge answers i will give under the influence of pain meds! Could be very very interesting!)  :-)

Thank you!!!

11 comments:

Erika Mehlhaff said...

BAM!! I'm first!! Praying praying praying w/o ceasing!!! (Oh, and I have to do it: #4. Ummm...if anyone is looking for me tomorrow, I'll be at the grocery store...praying...contentedly...w/my Little person by my side...in front of the peaches... ;-D )

Love,
Erika

Jocelyn said...

Oh my gosh! Your hair!! That's definitely memorable! And hope the surgery goes well!

Lighthousegal said...

Wow, that would be a memorable birthday with hair catching on fire.
Love your answer to the first question. This world would definitely be a better place if people were kinder to one another.
Hope your surgery goes well and that you have a quick recovery.

April said...

That's awful about your hair! No wonder you can't forget your 18th birthday! Definitely will be praying for your surgery and recovery to go smoothly! I know you'll be relieved to have it all behind you.

Hootin Anni said...

Your answers are all very good, but the one that'll stand out for all of us is your 18th birthday hair cut.

Joyce said...

Well I guess your hair on fire would make for a memorable birthday : ) I will keep you in my prayers...take care!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Good luck with the surgery. Prayers going out to your family.

Cherie said...

Loved your answers. And good luck with your surgery. Prayers for you and your family.

Susan said...

Thanks for your answer to #1. Reminds me to keep my eyes open for opportunities to do that kind of important work.
Prayers for you and for your family. Let the pain meds work for you, and we will look forward to hearing from you next week! Lol.

Nikki said...

I'll be praying for you tomorrow! I hope it all goes smoothly and that your husbands inspection goes well too.
I like your #1 answer ;) And i agree crunchy peanut butter is the best, though i prefer creamy when i have a pbj or to dip apples in.

Veronica and Daniel said...

Sending big time prayers your way :) Oh my goodness - hair catching on fire! Yikes, that would pretty much seal the deal on no more candles on cakes for me! And Love your answer to #7 - AMEN! :)