Questions for the Wednesday Hodgepodge-Vol 64
Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. HUGE kudos to Joyce for posting these fun questions every week - for the amusement of oh, so many people!
I always do our own returns - and I do them, not the hubs... I have no idea why, but I kinda like summarizing the year, seeing the statements from our investments, our rental properties, charities, etc.
2. This next question comes from Kansas Bob...he posed it in his response to something I asked in an earlier Wednesday post and I asked him if I could add it to the Hodgepodge some day. Today's the day....
Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain?
Wow... what a deep question... and I"ll admit, my initial thought was pain - because there has been plenty of that - but then, I thought about it, and without the love of God I wouldn't be here right now, so definitely LOVE. In its purist, unconditional form. From God alone.
3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012? If you're not sure what tangerine tango looks like clickhere.
Not a huge Tangerine Tango fan for my walls or in my clothing - but I can see it as a toenail polish color!
4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?
Since we are a military family that moves so often, I'm not a huge collector - too many things to move, dust, and keep track of! if I "collect" anything, it would be the WillowCreek figurines - my hubs and I have given each other several of them over the years and yes, I love them all!
5. February is National Heart Month...besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?
Spinach salad (is that the same thing as a green salad?) - throw in some almonds, craisins, red onion and feta cheese and I'm in heaven!
6. When was the last time you had car trouble?
Ugh - two weeks ago, when we got 7 inches of snow, and I slid on the ice and ruined the front wheel of my new car. I came really really close to hitting a telephone pole though, and given how hard I hit the curb, I thought for sure that the whole front end was dented in... but it wasn't... and I had just dropped off the kids at school, so there wasn't anyone else in the front seat, or else the airbag would have deployed on them... so really, it could have been SO much worse. Replacing a wheel was a pain, but in the scheme of things, not that big of a deal. God was definitely watching over me... and reminding me that this Los Angeles-bred city girl had better slow down in the snow and ice!
7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?
I'm demanding more - and it's a good thing. I'm exercising three mornings a week, getting up at o-dark-hundred to do so. I'm eating more lean protein, more veggies, more complex carbs, less sugars and "filler" junk... it's all good. And I'm feeling better for it!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Oh Pinterest... how I'm addicted to thee! Thank you for the renewal in my cooking recipes, and for providing so many hours of endless amusement as I plan my garden, find science projects for my kiddos, and mentally redecorate every house I have ever lived in or hope to live in! Sigh... you have replaced Facebook as my "procrastination tool" - and that's saying something! :-)

13 comments:
I love Pinterest too! so many great ideas. I hope your having a good week.
I can't remember if I follow you on pinterest...email me your screen name there and I'll look for you. I have found it so motivating and have tried so many new things in cooking-decorating-etc. I love it too!
Glad your car was not too badly damaged. We have so far had very little snow this winter.
Love your answer to #2.
Yikes. I still get nervous driving on the snow and ice and I've lived up North for years now.
I'm going to have to investigate Pinterest. I have an account but really haven't done much.
Wow, I'm glad your car wasn't damaged anymore than that! God was really looking out for you!
It sounds like being harder on yourself has been good for you. Sometimes we have to give ourselves a little kick to get back in good habits.
As for Pinterest.... it's a huge time suck, but I love it.
Dang pinterest is stealing all my facebook pals! ;-)
And I know you were talking about God's love up there, but still, I still hafta to tell you: I love you, too!!
E
Your 2 out of 3 I've been around to visit so far that has mentioned their love for Pinterest! It's fun and addictive!
I like your answer to #2. Without God where would we be? Definitely in a world of pain!
"In its purist, unconditional form. "
Sweet words!
I want to try tangerine tango for a pedicure too. And Pinterest... oh my! So many pins, so little time. :)
I love a good spinach salad, too. Especially next to a good grilled wild salmon. Yum!
You are inspiring me to do better in the way of healthy eating and exercise. Good for you!
I don't pinterest; too many time takers already!
I love pinterest too! I am glad you are ok after your fender bender and ice slide.
Post a Comment