Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Giant of a Hodgepodge

Happy Wednesday everyone!

1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year'sSuperbowl lineup will feature The New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define 'patriot'?

One who loves his/her country and demonstrates that through their actions and beliefs.

2. What's something in your life right now that feels like a 'giant'?

My schedule for the next month - organizing four squadron dinners, a murder/mystery party, my parents visiting, organizing my daughter's classroom valentine party, my youngest's birthday, and my hubs will be away for part of the month.  Craziness!  Fun, but crazy!

3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?

A mix of insecurity and excitement - feeling like I was on the threshold of being a grown-up, figuring out what the rest of my life was going to be like.

4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise...which white food would be the hardest to give up?

Ok, I've got to admit that when I first read this I thought "Ewww - coconut mashed potatoes?  Who would MAKE that?"  Then I read the rest of the question... give me a break, I've been up since way early this morning!  I would have to say mayonnaise - the non fat version, thankyouverymuch... 

5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as the coldest you've ever experienced?

I don't really remember a specific time - but lets just say that moving from Florida to Idaho in December is just a RUDE awakening when it comes to COLD!  

6. You're hosting a brunch...what's your favorite dish to prepare and serve?

I love a good egg dish, with streusel-topped blueberry muffins and a yummy orange juice punch

7. How do you combat negative thinking?

Pray... vent... exercise.., pump up really good music... buy flowers... pray some more

8. Insert your own random thought here.

In general, I think people are WAY too obsessed with their texting and cell phones (I admit, I'm one of them at times)  But I love how this college professor handled texting in his class... :-)



5 comments:

Tracy said...

I thought the same thing with the coconut mashed potatoes.

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Love the video. Frankly, I HATE texting - first of all I can't see to read it without my glasses so I have to drop whatever I'm doing and find my glasses - then I have to answer - takes forever - why can't they just CALL me!

Brenda said...

That video was great! Hope it worked. I text when I need to. I have a hard time seeing people that can't live without their phone, keeping it under their pillow at night so they don't miss a thing. It's like a growth attached to their hand.

Susan said...

The video is great. I think it would sure get the point across. I too am guilty of spending too much time with my phone. My new phone even has Siri to talk to me. I did collect all phones in a basket before we sat down to Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone survived. :)

Joyce said...

I went to dinner with my mom tonite. At the table beside us a dad (I'm assuming) was having dinner with his approximately 10 year old son. The dad was on his ipad and the son was playing games on a phone. It was kinda sad.