Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Hodgepodge of Pictures and Words

Welcome back to our weekly hodgepodge!  Feel free to hop on over to Joyce's site to join in on the fun if you wish!  have a good week, friends!


1. What is something you are loving right now?

Ok, so I really wanted to be really deep and thoughtful on this one...

but lets keep it real, shall we?

My eldest child and I have both been sick with the stomach flu since the weekend.  Not fun.

So, truly... I am EVER so thankful for and LOVING the person who invented indoor plumbing.  Just sayin.  


2. Paris, Venice, New York, and Rome are considered four of the most romantic cities in the world. Which one would you most like to visit?

Oh, they all sound fantastic - I have been to New York, but I was in college and it was all kind of a blur.  If I had to choose, I'd have to say Venice.  Ahhh, it just seems amazing!  And right now, thanks to the influence of my friend Lauren (more about her later) I'm all about all things Italy!  :-)

3. Are you a romantic?

yes - I love putting special thought into my gifts, buying people things "just because", etc.

4. What's your favorite love story made for the Big Screen?

Oh, so MANY to choose from... as far as classic love stories made for film, I'm drawing a blank (I blame the flu) - but one of my favorite "chick flicks" is "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days"  my hubs and I also really like "Music and Lyrics" and I love anything with Meg Ryan (well, most of her movies anyway) "You've Got Mail" is just sweet and fun, no matter what my cynical husband says!  :-)

5. Everyone loves Pooh bear and friends...which character are you most like and why? Click here for help in answering this question.

Hee - I knew I was Kanga, even before taking that quiz that said the same thing!  :-)  I am a caretaker, a giver, I love being around my close friends and family, and I love to entertain and take care of others.  

6. What's the best chocolate something you've ever eaten?

Ohmyheavens... last year we went out to dinner at a beautiful Spanish restaurant in Salt Lake City with my brother-in-law and sis-in-law, a fun celebration together before my hubs left for Afghanistan.  While we were there, the waiter (who was such fun!) brought out a special red wine for our table.  I am not much of a red wine drinker (is that an understatement?) - but I took a sip and said, yeah, that's nice.  He looked at me and said, "For you, my lady, I bring you something special!"  And promptly came out with a dark chocolate mousse, and instructed me to put the mousse in my mouth and immediately take a sip of the wine.  OH MY GOODNESS.  
THIS... is what I experienced...


I'm. Not. Joking.  

A literal explosion of dark cherry tingled through my mouth - it was amazing.  I'll admit, I was so surprised and "wowed" by it that I jumped up and hugged the waiter.  (And no, I hadn't been drinking...much...honestly...)  It was just an absolutely fantastic meal in every sense, and having the special treatment, along with the rich dark chocolate combination with the fantastic red spanish wine... oh my... bliss!

7. Share a favorite quote about love.

I saw this one on Pinterest just the other day, and really liked it...

"A real love is the man who can thrill you just by kissing your forehead." - Marilyn Monroe

8. Insert your own random thought here.

So, my friend Lauren that I mentioned up above?  She has just moved here to Idaho after being in Italy for two years.  (I know - somehow, as much as I enjoy Idaho, that seems wrong!)  While she was in Italy, she and her family absolutely fell in love with the life there - how people lived, loved, spent their time, all of it.  And so they set out to bring that here, as much as they could.  She has just launched her own business that will import authentic Italian goods for you to enjoy, either as a gift for a loved one, or as a treat for yourself!  I've already got some items tucked away in my mind for Mothers Day and weddings this summer! (And who knows, perhaps someday I will even have a giveaway on my blog for one of her coveted items!) 

This is The Life Well Lived.

A life of unhurried passions, of lingering over cappuccino,
A life of enjoying beauty and making things beautiful,
of opening champagne just because it’s Tuesday,
A life of gathering with friends,
a home filled with warmth, with authenticity, with a story.
A life that is inspired, beautiful and simply enjoyed.

 Please check it out at http://www.viamontebello.com/ 

Until next week, my friends, ciao!


14 comments:

Jan said...

Great post to read... fulll of the love of life!

Hootin Anni said...

I would love to go shopping in Lauren's new import shop. And wine and chocolate mousse, huh? Whoa!!!

Walking in Sunshine is my Wednesday Link...for Hodgepodge answers, scroll down a bit.

Joyce said...

I'll check out her business. I love all things Italy too. It's a whole nother way of life-they take time to smell the roses.

Somehow I knew we'd be the same character : ) Hope you're feeling better soon!

Katie2SS said...

That mousse sounds out of this world!

DD said...

Red Wine and Chocolate mousse? Sounds perfect. I hope that the flu is totally gone from your house soon. Oh and I pinned your friends website, it sounds like the perfect place to find a gift for Byron's wife, and some others.

Erika Mehlhaff said...

I love the quote above the link to Lauren's shop!! One day, I hope to have a home that is welcoming and warm, so I can put that on a wall and enjoy my family and friends...recreating that feeling with every move is near impossible for me!!

Be well,
E

Marti said...

I love your quote regarding a life well lived. Enjoyed your answers. I will have to remember to try the mousse red wine combo. Drop by for a visit.

Zoanna said...

Okay, I totally laughed out loud when I saw that clip and then read that you jumped up and hugged the waiter. Wonder how many times he's pulled that trick on the ladies??? !! LOL

Gotta take a look at the Italian store you mentioned. I love Italian leather! I just have to ask, though, is she in her right mind moving FROM Italy TO Idaho. Maybe she just likes to live in places that start with "I"??

Brenda said...

Sorry you're sick, but had to laugh at your honesty...coming from a plumber's wife!

Nani said...

I am first generation American on my imported Dad’s side of the fam, so there are Italian things I MUST have, especially for the holidays. I have a few places that I hit to tradition up my Christmas.

The wine and mousse sounds fabulous! Okay, it looks fab from the video too! I love red wine and dark chocolate.

April said...

Being sick is not fun...hope y'all are on the road to recovery! What a great love quote you shared! Don't you just LOVE Pinterest?

Anonymous said...

Had to chuckle at your answer for #1. Oh, how we often take for granted life's conveniences...until we have to endure times that make it impossible not to be grateful, eh? LOL

Hope you're on the mend.

Zoanna said...

OH, BTW, I do believe the guy who invented the first indoor toilet was named Thomas Crapper. I'm not making that up.

Hungry For Living said...

New follower from the HOP, hope you come by and follow :)