1. George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson...who would you most like to meet and why?
Oh my goodness - starting right out on a deep question, eh Joyce? All three men were so amazing and held such incredible goals for our country... honestly, I would like to sit down with each of them and ask so many questions! If I absolutely had to choose one, though, I think it would be Thomas Jefferson - i would want to ask him about creating the Declaration of Independence... such an amazing document! I don't think we have a full appreciation of what our founding fathers did for us when they formed our new country, and how truly blessed we are to live here.
2. What's your favorite chain restaurant?
I love the Cheesecake Factory. I just wish there weren't 7000 calories in every portion! Good grief! So I don't eat there often... hardly at all, really. If I want to eat healthy and am on the run, I love Baja Fresh. Mmmmm....
3. I spied this question on the Bears at Home blog last week and she gave me permission to
When you look back on your life, do you imagine you'll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say: it was good?
A little of both, probably. I imagine there will be things I wish I had done, energies I could have committed elsewhere. But I also think I will look back and know that I did the best I could with what I had at the time, and be happy with where God is continuing to lead me! He's not done with me yet!
4. Grapefruit-take 'em or leave 'em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice?
Blech - never could stand grapefruit! LOVE fresh oranges, though, especially from the orange groves in central California, where a large portion of my husband's family owns orange groves. Here is a picture of my bro/sis-in-laws and I gathering oranges from Nana and Papa's groves last year after Nana's funeral. Sigh.
And here's my Middle C, picking oranges from the groves a couple of years ago - what a sweet memory for her!
5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for?
A couple of weeks ago I went through a cleaning binge and went through my two boys' closets. And then we all cleaned out the garage. There is a small closet underneath our staircase (I call it the Harry Potter closet!) that really needs to be cleaned out... but it's just SO much more convenient to toss things in there and close the door! Ah well, we will most likely be moving in the next 6 months, so it will get cleaned out then!
6. You get to have lunch with three famous people...who would you like to see round your table?
Beth Moore, Ree Drummond (aka "The Pioneer Woman), and Betty White. Suffice it to say, I think we would be the loudest, laughing-est table around!
7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park?
A 2. Which is greatly improved from the big 'ol Zero I got when I had to parallel park on my drivers test when I was 16. Passed by 1 point. Harumph. But now I have one of those fancy schmancy minivans with a backup camera, which oh, makes parallel parking not easy per se, but easier. I still tend to avoid it like the plague, though. Life's too short.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Eight years ago I was sitting in church timing contractions. My very last day of being pregnant. 8 hour later, I delivered this sweet bundle au natural - and he has filled our lives with smiles and laughter and adventure ever since! We love you Little C - our fire fighting, shark loving, Star Wars and Harry Potter adoring sweet boy!

11 comments:
Little C is adorable and how fun to have your own orange groves to pick thru! Yumm.
Enjoyed the pictures :) Middle C is super cute! :)
Interesting pick of famous people... if you ever get to do that - i would LOVE to come along!!! :)
LOL, the idea of Beth Moore and Betty White at the same table really makes me giggle a little, that would either be amazingly funny or a huge massive akward thing. Either way it would be interesting.
Ya that would definitely be a loud table! Happy Birthday to your cute son!
We lived in Flagstaff for 15 years, coming home 3 years ago. That's when we were introduced to In N Out burger.
My brother lives in Couer de Alene (I know there's an apostrophe in there some where!)
Shoot, I forgot all about Betty White...LOVE HER! Love your son's toothless grin...nothing cuter!
I love those toothless grins! And your lunch bunch-I'd like to join that group : )
Love your #6 !!!
Awww...happy birthday to your little one!!!
Well, Happy birthday to little C! I am with you on the parallel parking thing. Although you have moved up to 2 I am still at 0!
A big "Amen!" to your answer on #1!
Post a Comment