1. What song reminds you of a specific time in your life and what is it about that song that makes you remember?
When I was a kid, we used to car camp. Every summer. We'd all pile into the station wagon and head off to the national parks of the west. And I remember when we got a station wagon that had a...
CASSETTE TAPE DECK!
I know. I'm so ancient.
But I remember going to the music store and my mom picked out three cassettes for us to listen to on our camping trip. (I laugh, when I think now of hte 1000+ songs on my ipod... ridiculous, really) But anyway, we listened to John Denver, Glen Campbell, and the Beach Boys. Being a parent now, I can only assume that my parents were trying to put us into a 1970s coma.
And though I still don't have any idea what this song means, this tune in particular takes me right back to those long sweaty drives in the station wagon, squished in the vinyl backseat that would stick to your thighs as the ancient air conditioner tried to compensate for the fact that the car was hauling roughly 792 pounds of camping gear, with my brother on one side and the labrador retriever in between us, who would turn her head to lick us on the face whenever we started to bicker. Good times.
2. What's something you've given up on?
Ever being the weight I was before I had my first child 14 years ago. Just not going to happen. Sigh.
3. What's something you'll never give up on?
God and my family!
4. If you had to cook something from scratch in the next hour what would it be?
Well, lookie here, I just happen to have the ingredients for these killer brownies - Called "Knock You Naked Brownies" and yeah... they're that good!
You can find the recipe HERE
5. Have you started Christmas shopping? Decorating? Listening to Christmas music?
Shopping, yes. Decorating, no. Christmas music, only by accident as I was flipping through my satellite radio stations today and what used to be the "Love Song" station is now apparently all Christmas music. I may or may not have listened to it... a lot... today... but then I turned it off because I felt kinda guilty.
6. What do you know about your parent's wedding?
Not much, actually, which now that I think about it, is kinda strange... I just know it was rather quick, they met in April and married in August (and it wasn't a shotgun wedding or anything like that!) my grandparents were annoyed because they were going to be in Hawaii that summer and wouldn't be there to help plan the wedding.
7. I can't believe I ___________________.
Won't ever get to go to my childhood home again. My parents have sold their home that they bought 40 years ago. And while this is a good move for them, both financially and for other reasons too, it's still a hard thing to grasp. Because no matter what memories are there, it's still your childhood... and you can't ever replace that. Farewell, dear home... thanks for the memories.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Ok, perhaps it's counterproductive to advertise someone else's blog on your own blog... but this is seriously the funniest blog I have read in a really. really. long. time. hehehehe.....

7 comments:
Those brownies sound amazing. I can't decide if I should thank you or strangle you.
My great-grandmother totally made me a mix tape with Rhinestone Cowboy on it. I had to buy it on iTunes for nostalgia purposes...still love that song :) And I remember my dad making a mix tape or two for when we drove from TX to CA when I was a kid!
Aaaand I now have over 6000 songs on my iPod. I think I'm an audiophile. Can't figure out if it would be worse to be deaf or blind...
Now you know how i feel! Rodeo rd isnt the same at all, except for the Ragers & Donna i think..
We still own a van with a cassette tape deck! I know!
I'm trying those brownies soon. Maybe this afternoon. :)
Last summer we saw a car parked in a lot with an 8track tape deck installed. There were a few tapes on the seat and I had my daughter with me so she got to see it-she'd only ever heard about 8tracks...so funny-they were enormous! Loved cassettes though and we still listen to our albums on occasion. My kids were flabbergasted to discover they played on both sides : )
My family took summer car camping trips, too! Our music was always the Beatles (who I still love today!)
Was sorry to hear that your paren'ts sold their house - I have many fond memories there with you, too! Though, I'm happy this is a good move for them.
Can't wait to try the brownie recipe! :)
Post a Comment