1. If you could work for any one government agency which would you choose and why? (if you're in the US here's a helpful list)
Oh dear... right now I"m feeling so frustrated by our government, this is a hard one for me to answer! But, since Joyce is making me choose, I guess I'd go with the Botanical Gardens... because really, how peaceful would it be to work in a garden?!
2. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
This is hard, not just for my own personal desire to see the admission of guilt, but also to see how blinded they are by their own sense of self-righteousness. However - if in my heart I know I have done no wrong, then I am at peace... eventually, they will have to answer to the Highest Judge and be held accountable for their actions.
3. What is your favorite meatless supper?
Anything pasta and cheese...
4. Wednesday August 10th is National Lazy Day...will you be celebrating? If so, tell us how so we can be lazy too.
Actually, no... we're going to be quite busy! Car to the shop, Middle C to piano, then up to Boise for back-to-school shopping (and maybe stopping by a car dealership or two to look for a new car... how fun will THAT be with 3 children?!) And I have to agree with Joyce - our society as a whole has gotten pretty darn lazy... do we really need a day to celebrate this?
5. As a child did you have any special back to school traditions and if so, what were they? If you're a parent did you carry on those traditions with your own children?
I don't really remember any from my growing up, but with our own kids we always let them get a new outfit for school if they want, and we take a picture of them before they go off to school. (These are my precious three, getting ready for their first day of school two years ago - my Little C going to kindergarten, my Middle C going to 2nd grade, and my Big C going to 6th grade!) and as you can tell, with the palm tree in the background, we were obviously NOT living in Idaho at the time... this was in Pensacola, Florida... very, very, very different from Idaho... in every sense of the word...
6. Write a summer tongue twister.
oh my...
Joyce, it's a good thing I like you... even though we are only bloggy friends...
my real name is Sally... so of course, the first thing that comes to mind is: Sally Sells Seashells by the Sunny Seashore Swimming Sillily as she Sidles Silently
good grief...
7. Would you be interested in observing a surgery or do you turn away when the nurse brings out the needle?
I am the first to admit strengths and weaknesses. This is not one of them. No thank you.
I am the first to admit strengths and weaknesses. This is not one of them. No thank you.
8. Insert random thought here:
Last week, I got a gift. A true, God-sent gift. My eldest C was at scout Camp. My Middle C got an amazing opportunity to do a creative writing/science/math course at UC Irvine for the week with my aunt. And my youngest C was getting some one-on-one
Did you just hear the Hallelujah Chorus play?? 'Cuz I certainly did!
It was amazing. Tons of laughter. Tons of tears. Tons of memories revisited and new memories made. And God, HE smiled down on us the ENTIRE TIME!
No comments:
Post a Comment