So... Frog Funerals aside... it's on to this week's Hodgepodge!
1. July is National Ice Cream month...your favorite flavor? Soft served, hand dipped, or frozen yogurt...which do you prefer? And technically yogurt is not ice cream but its hot outside so I'll let that slide for today.
Any ice cream... any day... any time... any where! I'd be more specific... but it's too hot to think that clearly...
2. When you travel do you tend to pack too much or too little?
When I pack for the kids, I pack too much. For myself... I'll pack too little. Every time. But it's not as if I forgot to pack underwear for myself when the kids and I are on an 800 mile road trip... because how silly would that be... really... sigh...
As a side note, I am actually in the middle of packing for our next round of trips - but this is a bizarre round, because the four of us are going to be in four separate states over the course of the next week. My eldest is going to scout camp here in Idaho, my middle is going to a workshop in California with her aunt, my youngest is getting a few days of spoiling by his grandparents in Utah, and they are graciously thus giving me a few days to travel BY MYSELF to visit girlfriends in Arizona! Whew! With all of the different packing I'm having to do right now, I'll be lucky to remember underwear at the least! :-)
I think my DH is torn between wanting to be a part of our fun summer, and being secretly glad he is in Afghanistan, away from the traveling chaos!
3. What's your favorite cleaning product?
No question...
OK - that picture is WAY smaller than it looked like on Google Images... it's Mrs Meyers Clean Day, Geranium Scent! It just makes me feel happy! (And it cleans great too!)
4. Which is the greater tragedy-an innocent person imprisoned or a guilty person set free? Explain.
My initial response is an innocent person imprisoned. To suffer injustice like this, be torn away from friends, family, society, when you have done nothing wrong... to feel the sting of no one believing in you... how tragic. But a guilty person set free - actually, when I read this I immediately assumed that it meant this guilty person had served time but was then released back into society... so in that case, I'm all for people getting a second chance. But a guilty person who is set free due to not enough evidence to convict... even if that person is "free" by society's standards, they won't ever truly be free... because they will know deep down what they have done. And to live with that hell is imaginable.
5. What's the longest trip you've taken by car?
December 2009 when we moved from Florida to Idaho. Did you see that? From Florida. To Idaho. In December. Cruel... just cruel. But it was a good trip (except for The Shining hotel in Albuquerque... shudder...)
6. tennis-golf-canoeing-biking...pick one.
Golf! And one of these days I'm going to actually take some lessons and really know what I'm doing!
7. What sound drives you crazy?
The buzzing of a fly or mosquito just as I'm trying to fall asleep. *shudder*
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This Sunday I will be worshipping at the church where my DH and I started our life together... Trinity Heights United Methodist Church in Flagstaff, AZ. This is truly our "home" - it is where we graduated college, had our first and second apartments and first home, had our first baby... Lots of firsts. And when we decided to join the Air Force, we moved away... that was 11 years ago... and though we have been by to visit a couple of times, we have not had the opportunity to worship in "our" church. I can't wait! And to be there with my dear friends who have remained my prayer warriors and sisters over the years... what a blessing!
Here is a picture of us at 'our church"... boy were we young!


8 comments:
Yeah!!! I love the pic from out back at church! Just talked to Ellen; we are working out details. Dean knows you're coming; I also emailed Marcia. Can you tell I'm a little excited?!?!?! No one's ever given me a whole human for my birthday--this is beyond amazing!
Okay...drive safe on Saturday, and call one of us if you need company. Although...I remember solo road trips when the kids were younger--liked 'em! Love to you--see you SOON! Julie
I'm with you on the icecream! Anytime anywhere!
And the shining hotel... well that made me giggle and yup, I feel for you moving from Florida in the winter to snowy Idaho. In December! ugh!
Nice to meet you! :-)
Froggie funeral. So sorry:( but hooray to get some girl time w/ your friends!!
Sorry about the frogs.
I think I'd like to take golf lessons this fall....we live in a golf community. I should probably learn to play.
Have a wonderful time with the girls! I just had a weekend like that last weekend and it is good for the spirit!
Oh my word...you're certainly having a week with the frog issues and the packing! I am so glad I'm tucked away in humid Florida, bags unpacked (for the time being), enjoying the summer break.
Enjoy your visit with your friends! Sweet reunion time, eh?
Popping in from Hodgepodge Wednesday...late because I was away today. Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting.
I have to admit I have gone on a trip and forgotten to pack underwear. :/
Sorry about the froggy.
oh poor froggy! ;( I am not a fan of amphibians but when its your pet its heart breaking for some.
Where do u get the surveys from? If its ok i'd like to copy some just an excuse to blog more ;)
oh another thing cute picture! Is that baby big C or middle C?
Post a Comment