Volume 40?
Wow! 40 is a lot!
Unless we're talking years and then its a little. ahem.
Ummm... just my fridge? Not the deep freeze out in the garage? Or the pantry that is freshly stocked for the new school year? Ok...Lets, see... we have milk, root beer and ginger ale (courtesy of my friend Erika), yogurt, butter, creamer, peanut butter, salad dressing, strawberries and blueberries, deli meat, lettuce, and carrots. And wine. Can't forget the wine. So, if I am truly limited to just my refrigerator - then my poor guests would be left with, um, a green salad, a fruit salad, and wine, which makes all things better... and hopefully makes up for the poor selection in my fridge!
2. What is something about yourself that you hope will change but that probably never will?
Ok... I'm laughing now... because honestly, I wrote out this whole blog... and then realized that I had completely SKIPPED OVER THIS QUESTION! HA! So, I guess the thing that won't ever change that I wish would, is my habit of not reading things all the way through before starting them! hee hee hee...
3. What's something about yourself that you hope will never change?
My ability to appreciate the humor in an experience and yet also see the spiritual lessons that can be brought from them!
4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards? Why?
Oh, funny! Life is serious enough! Especially on birthdays... there are times and places for serious cards... but funny, there's always time for that!
5. Bird watching, shell gathering, or star gazing- your choice for whiling away the hours?
Oh I LOVE shell gathering! Finding beautiful shells, the colors, the shapes, and then having them to keep to remember for all time! LOVE IT! (Except - do NOT place the seashells you gather on the beach into your freshwater fish tank to make the tank pretty... or else you will poison all of your freshwater fish and live the remainder of your days with a sense of guilt... I'm just sayin...)
6. Do you double or triple check things? If so, what?
Oh geez... did you SEE my answer to #2? Nope, I don't! Perhaps if I did, I wouldn't have had to rewrite this entire portion of my blog, and perhaps my son would not have forgotten his football helmet for practice today, causing me to drive like a madwoman (risking being pulled over, since all of the Mountain Home police have me on their RADAR) home to get said helmet, only to find out that because of the massive wildfires they were canceling the physical conditioning portion of his football training. And YES, you can maintain that HE needs to be the one to remember said helmet, which believe me, he got an earful on on the way to and from our house... but still... I need to have a mental checklist that I remember to go over... just in case... you know... I have to rewrite a blog or something...
7. What's your favorite place for people watching?
The airport. Bar none. Anywhere else you can see people and wonder "Where did these people COME FROM?" but at the airport, there's another dimension - "Where did they come from? Where are they going? Are they looking forward to their trip? Are they not?" All of that stuff... and seeing elderly people holding hands always brings a warm glow to my heart, I'm just sayin...
8. Insert random thought here...
School starts tomorrow for my three kiddos. My eldest started football practice for the first time yesterday. Time is going way. way. way. too. fast. Sigh... And my eldest even tweaked my heart today by asking "Are you ready for us to go back to school, Mom? Because we've had a really really really fun summer together!" Oh, be still my heart... I love that kid...
But then, when we were school shopping in Target last week and my darling children proceeded to have a full-out pick-on-each-other-until-your-mom-turns-purple-and-explodes-all-over-the-school-supply-aisle tantrum... I'll admit I was singing this song here:
There is a time and a season for everything. Even going back to school and letting your mom have some sanity routine of her own again! :-)
5 comments:
Oh, you are funny. Gotta love the irony of your "thing that'll probably never change." And that video cracked me up. What your eldest said? Melted me! Isn't it rewarding to hear stuff like that when it can be quite the challege to make summer vacation really fun ?
I give kids who forget things a break the first couple of times. I remind myself that I sometimes forget things too. Now, if it is a habit then I'm less sympathetic.
I'd be happy with a salad and a glass of wine : )
Your answers made me laugh. :) I'm a shell gatherer, too. I'm glad I knew ahead of time not to put them in the fish tank. I've got enough guilt about other stuff, without being a fish murderer!
Glad you had a great summer. Enjoy these busy back-to-school forgot-my-helmet days... so much fun!
And count me in for a salad and a glass of wine as well!
Yogurt, strawberries and rootbeer... yummmmmmm... I should be knocking on your door any minute now!
Post a Comment