It's that time of the week again! A brief break in the middle of weekly schedules and such... lets dive right in! (Oh, and a shout out to Joyce who comes up with these each and every week and never fails to amuse!)
1. What is something that bothers you if it's not done perfectly?
Whenever I pay for a service to be done, and it's not done correctly - that drives me crazy! Especially something like getting my car washed, or the yard cut, or the house cleaned, or a pedicure - when it's a treat to myself, not something I do all the time, with the intent of giving me a break from such things, and then I find that it wasn't done well... that just annoys me!
2. Do you think a 6th sense exists? Explain.
I don't know if I would call it a 6th sense, but everyone knows that when you become a mom, you develop a "mommy sense" of when certain things are or are not happening...
3. Do you say your goodbyes slowly, quickly, or not at all?
Unfortunately, being military, we have to say a lot of goodbyes... and it just stinks. But in general, I still say my goodbyes slowly - I want to treasure each and every moment with my dear ones until they, or I, have to leave.
4. On a scale of 1-10, with ten being hot hot hot, what level of spice do you like in your food? What's your favorite 'spicy' dish?
I would have to say a 5 - truly spicy, make your eyes water and insides burn, type of stuff is just not for me, and my tummy can NOT take it - never has. But I do love Mexican food, and jambalaya - that would probably be my favorite "spicy" dish!
5. What is one of your all time favorite commercial jingles?
And now you'll be singing it all day long. You are welcome.
6. Plane, train, boat or auto...your preferred method of travel?
Auto... while there is something to be said for getting on a plane and being at your destination quickly, the hassle of security and crowded airports lately have just taken all of the joy out of plane travel. In a car, you can go at your own pace, stop when you want, carry as many bags as you want without extra charge (and even throw in a baritone hone for good measure on the way home... I wish I were kidding), and I'll admit that with all of the car travel my kiddos and I have done this summer, we have some great memories from being on the road together!
And besides, it's kinda hard to play the alphabet game in an airplane - people look at you funny.
7. What is something you take for granted?
My health. I know I shouldn't. But I do.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My weekly funny: Our youngest kiddo just started the 1st grade last week. And on the day before school, we found out all of our kids teachers, and my son's teacher's name is Mrs. Lord. When I told him what her name was, he turned to me with really big eyes and exclaimed "I didn't know Jesus had a WIFE!"
I shared that with the teacher and she laughed and said, "Oh, perhaps we should lower his bar of expectations a bit!"
Too much fun.
9 comments:
We are also military and just left Idaho and when I was reading your Random comment I was cracking up because you mentioned Mrs. Lord. I have a really good friend there &her son is in the same class. Small world!
Cute story! : )
I remember when it was exciting to travel by plane. Now its a hassle, but still the quickest way to get somewhere when you need to get there fast. Unless you're delayed. Or cancelled. Air travel is not what it used to be.
Your little guy provided the best laugh of the day! :O)
Bless your son. I loved the photo of the children all ready for school. Hope you all have a very good school year.
Love checking in on your hodge-podgityness! :) And, I am with you on the paying for a service and not getting what you expected or was promised! Drives me nuts! :) Love ya, my friend! Have a great week!
During my high school drama class, a classmate and I recreated the Oscar Mayer commercial...complete with the sandwich. The memory makes me smile to this day.
Love your son's comment about his teacher's name. What a precious thing to share with him as he grows older!!
oh no! not oscar meyer! lol jk
Anyway, i think Little C will be a comedian! :) that is too funny!
Love the commercial. Such a cutie. And I hope your son has a great year with Mrs. Lord. Looks like they are all ready to start the new school year.
Goodbye are so very sad :(
That is just too funny about the teacher's name!
Post a Comment