(Oh, and if you want to participate in Hodgepodge Wednesday, you can do so here - but after you read mine and leave a witty comment, of course!)
1. What are your plans for Easter Day/weekend?
In between Big C's neurologist appointment for his hand on Friday, Good Friday Service that night, Soccer and Baseball games on Saturday, between which we will dye Easter eggs, and then that night after the kidlettes are in bed I will play "Easter Bunny" solo for the first time, since dear hubs is fighting for our freedoms and the freedoms of others in a far off land... that will be hard, as we always have such fun hiding eggs together and putting their baskets together. But I digress. Sunday morning we will feast on homemade cinnamon rolls, go to church, and then come home for a nap mass flurry of getting Easter dinner prepared, which we will share with dear friends. On a definite somber note, Easter Sunday this year falls on the 2-year anniversary of my best friend's passing. We are sharing Easter dinner with her sweet family... such a blessing, but oh, how I wish you were here, Erika.
2. Besides Jesus, what one person from The Bible would you most like to meet and why?
Oh gosh - so many. I would probably have to say Peter... what a guy. He was right there, with Jesus, and was SO human - sticking his foot in his mouth on more than one occassion, denying the one He loved, and yet he also knew the assurance of having Christ extend His hand to save him from drowning, he had the faith to walk on the water... I would just love to sit and here what it was really like to be THAT close to Jesus.
3. What is one modern day convenience you didn't have as a child that was easy to live without?
Cable TV. Seriously, you either watched something on TV or you didn't. You didn't have 352 channels to choose from. Of course, if the President was on, you were screwed...
4. Are you more right brained or left brained? If you don't know what that means there is an interesting little quiz here
Huh - according to the quiz, I am 55% Right Brain and 45% Left Brain. Which doesn't really surprise me - my hubby is always making fun of me for how much I use my hands when I talk, and the good Lord knows that is ONLY through His grace (and that of Mr Wilson, my teacher) that I passed geometry.
5. What is something you intended to do today but didn't? Why?
I intended on getting up and exercising. But a late night possible burglar scare, the ensuing investigation by the cops, resulting in a restless night, meant that this morning instead of working out, I consumed a vat of coffee followed by toast with Nutella and bananas.
So sue me.
6. Cadbury Creme Eggs or Reeses peanut butter?
Reeses Peanut Butter - ALL the way!
7. Who was your favorite cartoon character when you were a child?
I don't remember really having a favorite, but every Saturday morning my brother and I would wake up and go watch the Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner show, with Scholastic Rock in between the commercials. We would sit in our jammies and sit on our bean bags, or lean against our black labrador, Molly, who would sit SO still for hours on end while we used her as our giant pillow to rest our heads against. I admit that on Saturday mornings I miss that for my kids (see my response on #3) They have any program they want at their fingertips, any time they want... there isn't any anticipation, nothing special about Saturday mornings per say.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
When Duane and I decided to join the Air Force, we committed (OK, I insisted, he acquiesced) that whenever he is gone for a long period of time, I can get a housecleaner at least once a month. This was the best decision we have ever made in our marriage. Well, one of the top five anyway.
So I have a new cleaning service here right now. They came very highly recommended by a good friend. And she warned me that on their first cleaning they are VERY thorough and take a long time being oh so detailed. Now, I keep a pretty clean house. I may not dust every day, or, who's kidding, every week... because we live in the high desert of Idaho, which means that it is windy ALL the time and there is DUST EVERYWHERE... but as a general rule, the sheets are changed, laundry is done, bathrooms are as clean as my boys will allow them to be (enough said...sigh), floors are vacuumed and washed. But these ladies have spent the last 4 hours upstairs! Seriously - I haven't seen them at all! I hear the vacuum running, water being flushed... I'm afraid that my children and I will not recognize our bedrooms or bathrooms, they will be so sparkly clean! Wow. I might have to have them come back tomorrow to get the downstairs done!
7 comments:
RE: #2, I have a Peter you can borrow who is JUST like who you describe!! His name totally suits him. Well...except for the drowning/water-walking part...I mean, he still has his little boy floaties on (read: Mama & her faith)... Luv ya, friend!!
Have a blessed Easter with those closest to you. Having someone to help with the housecleaning is a great decision. Let us know how they did!
I adore Peter. He's my homey. Never does anything halfway, y'know?
Re: your housecleaners - what, are they moving furniture? Your upstairs isn't that big! And there's more than one of them (cleaners)? Are you sure they're not padding the bill?
I remember the good old days - we had three channels - just three - and one of them was public television. Of course all the good shows came on the network we didn't get and boy when it was election time or the president was speaking - that was absolutely the worst day of the week!
This is my first year teaching, and my husband told me that if/when I get a job in the public school system (i.e., when my salary will hopefully go up), we can get someone to come in and clean. I fear, though, that whoever comes will leave screaming at the agony of the work involved. LOL
Good for you and the housekeeper! Have a wonderful Easter...a different kind for sure but it sounds like you have plans and I'm sure that helps when you're temporarily a one woman show.
We had weekly housecleaning the summer we lived in Vegas. But, with 3 toddlers, the house was so full of clutter by the time hubby came home from work he couldn't even tell they had been there (sigh!). I guess things were 'clean' though...
Post a Comment