Now, on to today's questions and ponderings and random musings...
1. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time or have a significant conversation with two people?
I think that I would rather talk to everybody, but I usually end up having significant conversation with just a few people.
Of course, define significant... ;-)
2. What objects do you remember from your parent's living room?
My parents living room has not changed at all for the last 30 years - but the items that stand out to me are a box that held matchboxes from all different locations - as a kid I loved going through those, reading the names of exotic sounding hotels and moments from weddings.
Also, they have this great comfy chair that spins around really really fast and makes the room look all dizzy... and it is strictly forbidden to spin around so fast in said chair, even though that is OBVIOUSLY what that chair was designed to do, and if my brother and I did it when we were kids, and ANY person who sits in that chair is IMMEDIATELY overwhelmed with a mad desire to spin around and around in it... then I say, "Let it go, mom and dad... SPIN! Life's too short..."
This is a picture of the chair - not the greatest shot, but can you tell how big and comfy it is? Seriously... just screams to be spun around in, I'm telling you!
3. Do you hog the bed? Steal the covers? Snore?
When Duane and I were first married, roughly a million and a half years ago (Ok, almost 17 years ago), I used to push him out of the bed while I was sleeping. I know, I know... romantic newlywed...
But now, he is deployed to Afghanistan, and you would think that I would take over the bed and spread out. But no, I wake up and the decorative pillows on his side are still neatly in place, the bed covers smooth and tidy. So apparently now I have no problem sharing a bed with him. Your spot is waiting for you, honey.
4. Speaking of Easter dinner....what is your favorite way to cook/eat lamb? Or does just the thought of that make you squeamish? If you're not cooking lamb what will be your entree du jour on Easter Sunday?
I can honestly say that while I do enjoy lamb, I have never prepared it myself. Probably because it is stupidly expensive most of the time. And I don't have a mad desire to try figuring out how to prepare an expensive meat at this point in my life. Surely someday I will...
Next Sunday is Easter - I believe I will cook a ham. That's as far as I've gotten in my preparations. I should probably do some more thinking about that... seeing as how I have invited my friends and their visiting family to join us for dinner. Unfortunately, Easter this year also falls on a very sad anniversary, which involves these dear friends... so it will be bittersweet.
5. Let's throw some politics into this week's mix-oooohhh...Do you know the whereabouts of your birth certificate and when was the last time you had to produce it to prove you're you?
My birth certificate is in our briefcase, which is where we keep most of those important documents. We should probably have them somewhere a little more secret and secure... but when you move so often, you've got to be consistent! As far as having to produce it, I honestly don't remember the last time I had to have it for any reason whatsoever.
6. As a child, how did people describe you?
My parents would say that I was social... I would say that I was a quiet child... go figure...
7. What do you complain about the most?
You know, I'm not really a "complainy" type of person... I'm really a "Glass if half full" type of gal... because really, I could look around and see that my daughter leaves a trail of clothes and shoes and school items and scarves everywhere she goes... and my son's room is a constant battleground of Star Wars and Legos characters... and my eldest son's room smells like teen boy... and my bedroom furniture doesn't match in color or style... and my minivan has a cracked window... and my body is just not staying the same shape I was in, say, 10 years ago...
But then I look at those things, and see that my children are blessed because they are healthy, they have clothes, they have toys that spark the imagination, and in the midst of my son's teen chaos room, there lies a Bible devotional that he was reading just this morning. And my bedroom, though not matchy matchy, is still a warm, inviting place to crawl into at night. And the minivan, though showing its age for sure, is all paid for and our whole family can fit into it comfortably. And you know what, my body may not be as young and fit as it used to be, but I'm healthy, I'm active, and my husband certainly doesn't seem to mind ;-)
So life is good!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I think we have all had parenting moments like this at one time or another...

10 comments:
LOL, that video is priceless. I will not comment about the times I have done that.
Stopped here from Joyce's. My hat's off to you as a "single lady" while hubs in overseass! ;0 I will have to show my 22 y.o. single daughter that hilarious video. And I like your "cup half full" perspective. I could use more of it.
Love that video...we've all innocently spoiled the fun at one time or another.
My youngest daughter read my blog today and informed me I must not break with tradition on Easter...she wants ham. She says I can make lamb another night while she's home. I don't get a lot of time with both girls home together so I guess ham it will be : )
I love that video. God bless you as you wait for your hubby to come home.
The chair looks awesome. Hopefully at this point your parents say "spin away!" That's usually what happens with the grandkids. As it should be.
God bless you for staying loyal to your husband while he is overseas and I'm glad the bed stays made ( on his side at least)
Ahhh...#7 was so good!!! Silver linings are the stuff of life. :)
Loved your answers!
That video was hilarious!
I miss you guys! I haven't been to church in way too long (working though, so I'm definitely talking to God on a REGULAR basis) and honestly, I almost can't stand the thought of being there without kiddos to play with, I mean teach. I miss making silly things.
OH . . . and this is your most favorite Sunday School/Children's Church/VBS leader . . . from P'cola . . . I just go anonymous on blogger so anything I happen to blog (when I do) doesn't come back to bite me in the rear. On that note, if you go peek, be forewarned it's MY blog and therefore, not necessarily PC, or PG, but it's cheaper than therapy!
Kiss my favorite girl for me!
LOVE this post - thanks for your comments on mine. The video is priceless - and of course, he's not a bad father - just a bit of a killjoy, without wanting to be. :>) Been there, done that. :>(
Thanks for the sweet giggles as I read through this wonderful list!
Post a Comment