Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Columbus Day




This past Monday Duane had the day off - nice of the military to give our guys the day off - after all, Columbus was the first "navy" guy to make his way to America, right? However, our schools here apparently don't think that Columbus deserves any recognition, much less a day off, so the kiddos had school. So what wild and crazy things did Duane and I do while the kids were in school? Well, I don't know about Duane, but I slept! I had been in charge of a massive lunch/fundraiser auction at church the day before and while it was hugely successful (almost $900 raised!) I was exhausted! So, I took a nap! And Duane, well, he amused himself by cleaning the kitchen, straightening up the house, and then making the comment "Wow, time really goes by fast when you're not working!" After I gave him the "death glare" for that insensitive comment, he made me another cup of coffee and all was forgiven! :-)

But, our hours of quiet and freedom were fleeting as Colin's preschool is only 3 hours (I SO could use one more hour... but oh well) Anyway, when he got home the noise and activity level increased as only an active 4-year-old can do, so Duane took him out on the trampoline to:

a) exert as much energy out of Colin as possible
b) test the weight limits of our trampoline
c) remind Duane that perhaps he should do this more often
d) have some great Daddy/Colin time without interruption or competition from his siblings

Very fun - and of course, I got some fun photos!

No comments: