Tuesday, August 5, 2014

All keyed up




1. What would you say is the key to success?

Money.

Ok, not really, but it certainly helps.

The real answer actually depends on your definition of success.  Of course my mind went automatically to business success.  But if you mean relationships, family, making a difference where you are... then the key is remaining committed to each other no matter what (while also drawing the appropriate boundary lines), and being open to the opportunities God presents to you.  Saying yes, even when it would be easier to say no.

2. Have you ever been to the Florida Keys? Any desire to visit that part of the US of A?

No I've never been to the Florida Keys - I wouldn't mind going, but it's not necessarily on my bucket list.

3. When and where did you last see a real live donkey? Monkey? Turkey?

Probably the answer to all three of those would be the last time I was at a zoo!

4. An old Portuguese proverb says, 'Beware of the door with too many keys.' What do you think this means? Share an example of how this has proven true or false in your own life. 

I just sat here for way too long, reading that proverb over and over, trying to decipher its meaning... Perhaps it means "beware of the door with too many keys - for it may not be meant to open"

or

"Beware of the door with too many keys - it may be a warning to you that that individual doesn't have many boundaries and allows too many people into their own personal space"

Lots of different ways to interpret that one...


5. Besides your home, vehicle, and special jewelry, what is something you keep under lock and key?

At work, I keep our background checks under lock and key.  Important stuff there!

6. When did you last get keyed up about something?

When I had a homeless man come into my office and talk rudely about a coworker of mine - oh boy, did my "Mama Bear" come out!  I was telling my teenager about the encounter and he just said "I have a very healthy fear/respect for your mama bear instinct mom!"  hehehe...  yeah, don't insult someone I care about to my face...


7. Who thinks we need an easy one right about now?  Key lime pie...yes please or no thank you?

Oh yes please! Mmmmm.....

8. Insert your own random thought here.

This week we are on vacation!  At the family beach house... and for the first time EVER we had no plans before we arrived... no agenda, no list of things we want to do, we didn't even talk about restaurants we wanted to visit (and that's a HUGE thing for us!)  So nice, actually - we just took this week one day at a time, planned our activities every day on the day, ate when we felt like it, napped when we felt like it... Hubby and kids body surfed with seals and dolphins, we built a sandcastle, went for walks, went kayaking, got ice cream... what a wonderful week!


5 comments:

Erika Mehlhaff said...

<3 Wonderful. So glad you are having a REAL vacation! Passing along virtual vacay hugs to all!

E

retired not tired said...

Sounds like a fabulous vacation. Enjoy!

Zoanna said...

Money! Ha. You're a hoot. I like the thought you put into the rest of that answer, too. And your interpretation of the door proverb.

I have been praying for you about the impending major life change coming up for your family. But the great thing is, it's NOT a deployment, you CAN see each other if you really need to, it's not a danger zone for hubs (is it?) and God has prepared you and the kids. You will be okay. You will look back on the time and have a remarkable testimony. And it's only about 47 Hodgepodges' worth of time.( Figure Joyce will take holidays and wedding and spring break and pretty soon, hubs is back in your space--i mean arms! )

Dressed-Up Dots said...

Love it, love you!!

April said...

Sounds like your vacation is just perfect...you've earned it!