I think I have more of an appreciation for both summer AND childhood now that I am an adult... don't think I truly appreciated either when I was younger. My favorite memories from my childhood summer were just playing with neighborhood friends, going to church camp, and taking baton twirling or tennis classes through our local rec center!
2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix, etc? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this? Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you're out and about?
When our first duty station was in Mississippi, one of the major culture shocks I experienced was just how
It's pretty clear why I didn't fit in down in Mississippi.
I don't know a whole lot about cars - but since I had to drive my parents old '76 yellow Chevy Caprice station wagon (oh yeah... sexy car... NOT) back in high school, I did know how to spray gasoline directly into the, um, thingy... to make the engine turn over... I forget what it's called... but it saved my tush several times when I was stranded in the middle of the college parking lot.
3. What's something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or do you think anything and everything is fair game?
Things too serious to be joked about:
Abortion
Genocide
the Holocaust
Not all things are fair game, nor should they be.
4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti?
Yes, I do enjoy lasagna. Don't have a particularly favorite recipe, it's all good to me! If I had a choice, though, I would probably have spaghetti - it's lighter and not so complex.
5. What's a simple pleasure you'd miss if it were not a regular part of your life?
Just one?? Hugs from my husband and kids. The smell of coffee. Smiles.
But mainly, hugs from my husband and kids!
6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose?
The Make A Wish Foundation - oh, to bring such smiles to peoples faces!
7. August is just around the bend...bid farewell to July in exactly seven words.
Holey moley, guacamole... what's next, August??
8. Insert your own random thought here.
4 months of unemployment. Of pulling investments to live. Of asking for assistance. Humbling. Scary. What if... what if... what if...
Now, a new job. Far away. Bittersweet - oh so thankful for financial relief - hearts broken at having to split our family... again.
Figuring out this new reality we are facing.
Being apart.
Juggling schedules.
Asking for enough grace and mercy to get through each individual day.
Making plans, through the tears and the anxiety. Coming to terms with what we never dreamed would be a reality. Trying very hard not to be angry with those who made this our only option.
Frustrated by those who mean well, but are insensitive in their comments...
Waiting for the peace that will surely come on the other side, wherever that is.

5 comments:
You are ready for what's ahead. We sometimes doubt that on the front end of something hard, but when you look back you will see that God made you ready to tackle this season. Keeping you in my prayers-hugs to you today.
Would you believe the used/classic car dealership near us just put out a yellow Caprice wagon? Not that I would actually want one of those boats these days, but it is beautifully restored. Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor!
I do not envy you having to split the family for a time. God will provide and you will get through this. So glad there is Skype. Blessings.
I can't imagine how difficult it must be knowing your family will be split apart by your husband's new job. However, God understands, he hears, and he will see you through. Have FAITH!
I do remember your parents station wagon they've had for years! ;) Did you camp at Wilderness park? I went a few summers, i started not liking it later on because kids would tease.
I agree on #3! The way some people joke about those things is sick!
Post a Comment