Oh, I know Joyce needed a break last week, but oh how I missed my Hodgepodge! So glad she is back and recovered from her world travels! Leave a comment letting me know you stopped by, and then hop on over to Joyce's blog using the link below to see what the rest of the Hodgepodge community is up to! It's a lot of fun! Have a great week friends!
1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?
Well, for the most part it was the regular routine - kids to school, me to work, soccer practice and youth groups at night... The one thing that WAS out of the ordinary, though - that I would really like prayer for - is that our youngest C had a mole removed from his back to have a biopsy done. Kinda scary, seeing as he's only 10... and hopefully it will be nothing, but still, the mama in me can't help but worry a little...
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.
Covenant. (And oooh, I could talk about that for pages... but I won't. 'Cuz Joyce said only ONE word... so I'll be good)
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.
Yes! I'll admit, I am LOVING living near the beach - where there are cool breezes, warm sun, and the smell of the sea... Perfect summer day would begin with a long walk on the shore, looking at seashells, laughing at the dive-bombing pelicans, dressed in my comfiest thin sweats and t-shirt... then walk up to my favorite coffee/pastry shop, then go home and play board or card games with my family, then a dinner cooked over the grill served with fresh fruit salad and a cold glass of wine. Bliss.
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
According to Webster, the definition of laziness is: "the quality of being unwilling to work or use energy; idleness" While there is certainly a time to rest, that is not the same thing as being "lazy" which I see more as choosing not to work when there is work to be done...
As far as a "restful" summer - this is an interesting one, because I'm working every day, and my hubs is still job searching. So we're not sure what our summer will look like - other than a scheduled week away to the family beach house in August. I'm already counting the days!
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
Favorite dad has GOT to be Bill Cosby! I loved the way he and his wife communicated and loved each other and their kids, worked together in managing their busy household, and set high standards for their family and for themselves, and managed to have fun and be creative with all of it!
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
When hubs and I were dating, he arranged for a picnic made by his college's cafeteria that he brought with us to the picnic grounds by Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles. We played frisbee, people-watched - it was just a fun, simple day!
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as-Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
Nope, haven't been to any of them - but I'd LOVE to go snorkeling in Bora Bora! Sign me up!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Please do pray for my Little C - that there isn't anything wrong, and (selfishly) that his biopsy won't cost a whole lot... things are still awfully tight here, and I hate feeling that way when it's my kiddo's health at stake... but that's reality right now... but of course, we will do whatever we need to do.
And, on a much lighter note, I found these two license plates at the grocery store the other day... love them - they could both totally be me!
(I'm just going to assume the JC means Jesus Christ - as in, Be Like Jesus Christ!)
And oh, how I love my C's... my Big C, Middle C, and Little C!
Here are my 3 Cs, with my DH - they put their OWN very hard earned money together and got him an iPad mini for Fathers Day... he was so touched, he got tears in his eyes... truly an incredible day, as they honored their Dad and all he is going through right now...

6 comments:
You sure have some very thoughtful kids for what they did for their dad...I can see why he was so touched by their kindness and generosity. Very sweet, indeed. Prayers will be lifted up for Little C...and for you, as well. Hang-in-there...I know things will get better.
I hope little C will be ok!
I love those license plates, how cute and coincidental you came across them.
You should change your profile to 20 years of marriage. I still remember your wedding! I remember dancing in that patio with the Davis kids. fun times! :)
I will add your son to my prayers, along with hubs job search. I'm sure these are trying days. I'm glad your kids celebrated their dad in a special way.
What sweet kids with big hearts. My hubs would've gotten teary eyed, too. Hey, when things aren't so tight, let's you and I get away to Bora Bora, okay? Or now--just in our daydreams. I don't wait for money to take imaginary trips! :) Certainly will say a prayer for you and your little C. It's troubling, for sure, until you know it's benign. Got a cancer dx last week in a very close friend. Gonna be a row to hoe .
Glad you shared.
Loving the license plate pics! And how did I not know about Little C's health issues? I'm so sorry to hear he is going through things right now. We will be praying for the little guy! You are loved!!!
Post a Comment