So, my computer is dying - and in the midst of moving everything over onto an external hard drive, I'm going to try and get this Hodgepodge out! (Yes, I made an appointment with our local Apple Genius Bar - so I have a deadline - I work better that way!) Happy Hodgepodge, friends! See you next week!
1. Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking?
I operate best under pressure... if I have a project due in a month, I'll wait until the week before it is due to work on it.
2. Are you a risk taker? What's one big risk you've taken?
I didn't consider myself a risk taker when I was a kid/teenager, but definitely in my adult years I've become more of a risk taker, simply by being married to an incredible man who is always trying new things, moving new places with his career, etc. My biggest risk? Oh geez - can't pick one... life is an adventure, ever changing, always a new situation on the horizon.
3. Some of the most common phobias according to the National Institute for Mental Health are-fear of spiders (arachnaphobia), snakes (ophidiophobia), heights (acrophobia), fear of spaces from which escape is difficult (agoraphobia), fear of thunder and lightening (astrophobia), fear of dogs (cynophobia), injections (trypanophobia), social situations, flying (pteromerhanophobia) and fear of germs and dirt (mysophobia). True phobias affect only about 10% of adults, but of those listed which would you rate as your greatest fear?
Seeing as how it is 10:30 at night right now, I can't WAIT to see what dreams I have after reading about all those phobias! Thanks Joyce!
Of those listed, I would probably say the closed in spaces... I hate feeling claustrophobic and out of control - when I had my MRIs I had to have them put a washcloth over my eyes and pump up the music REALLY loud, because otherwise I would have passed out from hyperventilation. (Snakes aren't my favorite either... oh great, now I'll probably dream about snakes during an MRI)
4. Are you settled or do you feel the need to move somewhere new?
We are currently renting our house, so I know we aren't here permanently, but we would absolutely love to stay here, if at all possible. Here, as in San Clemente, California... not this house, particularly. The reason we left the Air Force was so that the kids could be in one location for a while and graduate high school with their friends, not have to move so much. So we'd like to stay here, even if it's not this house.
5. What is something you find annoying when dining in a restaurant?
People talking too loud on their cell phones, or wait staff that forget you are there and
don't provide good service.
6. Daffodil yellow, sunset orange, spring green, or sky blue...your favorite color this time of year?
Can I say, all of them together? (You can't see the spring green of the palm trees in the photo... but they were pretty!)
7. If you were going to take a holiday all by yourself, where would you go?
Hard choice... part of me would love to be at our beach house - it's so quiet, so comforting, and it would be fun to shop at the little boutiques all by myself, explore a bit, read a bit, walk a bit. Another part of me would love to be in the mountains, where I could hike, breathe the fresh clean pine air... it all sounds wonderful!
8. Insert your own random thought here
Keep those prayers coming as my hubs and I try to discern the best way to move forward with our life here - searching for a new job, or not... borrowing money, if so, how much and from where... weighing our desires against practicality, trying to make the best decisions for our family, for his career... constant submission, riding the waves of emotions... we do covet your prayers! Thanks, bloggy friends!

14 comments:
That sunset is gorgeous with all the colors in it. WOW! Yeah...I love the mountains, too...just not sure if I'd want to visit them all by myself. Oh, you definitely have my prayers because I understand your situation all too well. Been through it a couple of times. Keep trusting and believing that God will provide!
Interesting about the MRI. Sounds like you've found a way to overcome the fear, though. And I too hate it when people are talking loudly on their cellphones while in a restaurant, in the store, or anywhere where I do NOT want to hear it.
Beautiful sunset! I'd be the same way in an MRI. Pretty sure they'd need to give me a sedative : ) I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.
I also work best under pressure. If it wasn't for the last minute, I'd never get anything done! Continued prayers for your family.
Okay, our answers are almost identical across the board, we are twins separated by a continent , I'm sure!
A prayer sent just now for accepting whatever decision you make. Peace comes with having no regrets. Keeping the family together is the #1 priority and everything else that happens will be ok.
Prayerful...always...
Love you...
E
Praying that all of your decisions are good ones!
Your husband is a pilot. You mean to say he can't get a job flying something?
I wish I would be able to think better under pressure, unfortunately it's quite the opposite for me.
Hey there Brenden - my husband was a private pilot, yes - but in the Air Force he was a WSO (think, back seat, Goose's position in Top Gun - except Goose was an idiot and the worst RIO ever) So, though he has over 1,000 hours with the Air Force, the FAA doesn't count his flight time. So no, he can't just "go get a job flying something".
Wait staff that forget you are there is one of my biggest gripes.
I have a condition where food easily gets stuck and I have to drink a lot of water with every meal. Having my water run out is scary, at one restaurant the waitress seemed to be annoyed how often my glass was getting empty and she plopped three big glasses in front of me plus a pitcher to refill when I needed. I could have felt a little insulted, but chose to be grateful that I finally didn't have to worry about not being able to wash things down that get stuck.
I will be praying for you guys!! I didn't have my thinking cap on last night for phobias but i also am a little scared of heights but i am ok in airplanes. I hope you have a great week! :)
That is a beautiful picture! Sounds like y'all have some very tough (and important!) decisions to make. Good luck!
Post a Comment