Hi friends! It's Hodgepodge time! Join up at the link below if you'd like, and please let me know you stopped by! have a great day!
Hmm, well, if we're talking about the gardens, then yes - southern California is blooming like crazy right now! I have a vase of honeysuckle and petunias from my yard sitting on my desk, the roses are in full bloom, it's beautiful.
Figuratively, though, I suppose I'm blooming - figuring out my new job, enjoying my work there, and being there for my husband as he searches for a new job right now. I'm enjoying where we are at... even though we don't know where we will be in a couple of months.
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no big deal, and 10 being full scale panic, rank your fear of spiders.
I totally laughed when I read this question - this morning I was sitting at a park bench, working on my book, when I saw a tiny spider scurry across my keyboard and down into my keys. I immediately posted on Facebook "I just saw a spider enter my computer. Instead of freaking out, I shall name her Charlotte and she shall help me write my book!" :-)
3. May is National Salad Month (who knew???)...besides lettuce, what are two must-have ingredients in your favorite salad?
Only TWO more ingredients? I guess it depends on the lettuce used - if it's spinach, then I love strawberries and sweet pecans. If its romaine, then I love sweet bell peppers and chickpeas. Mushrooms. Shredded cheese. Or feta cheese. Bacon bits (the real stuff, not fake bacon). Yum.
4. I mentioned on my blog last week that my Daughter1 will be moving to Washington State after she is married. Of the following sites in the Northwest, which would you most like to see in person-Crater Lake (Oregon), Seattle (Washington), Vancouver (British Columbia), San Juan Islands (Washington), Mt. Rainer (Washington) Oregon Coast (Oregon), Mt. St. Helens (Washington), or Olympic National Park (Washington)
(Oh Joyce - as one who lived in Idaho for several years, i have to remind you that Idaho is considered part of the Northwest as well- and is gorgeous!)
But - if we are limiting ourselves to Oregon and Washington, I've been to Crater Lake and would LOVE to go back - it is unbelievable! But I would also like to go to the San Juan Islands, as it is where my best friend used to spend her summers.
5. This coming weekend marks the 140th running of the Kentucky Derby...when did you last race (literally or figuratively) to cross a finish line?
At our church, where I work, we always have things coming up that have deadlines - especially around Holy Week!
6. What is something little you love?
The hummingbirds that zoom around our yard, fighting for "their" turf, and hovering nearby as I fill their feeder! They are so funny!
7. Would you say you are more of a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner? Elaborate.
I'm definitely visual - don't just tell me, show me. Don't give me "north, south, west" directions, give me landmarks to look for! And if you DO have to tell me how to work a program or something, let me write down what you're saying so I can reference it later.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Three random thoughts tonight:
1) So, I'm finally doing something I've been trying to do for, oh, 20 years. I'm writing a book. I've written bits and pieces over the years, but for some reason, this time it feels different... and I'm really excited about it! And this - was my view as i got in some writing before work today! Not bad, eh?
2) My hubby is still looking for a job. Please continue to pray for provision, for clarity, and everything in between!
3) And the best for last - my Big C, Middle C, and I have been given the opportunity to travel with our church down to Mexico this weekend and build a house for a sweet family with two little boys. My hubs and Little C will stay and hold down the fort here. I'm excited to have this opportunity with my two elder kiddos, to serve with our church family, and to show them a world unlike anything they have ever known!


10 comments:
How exciting about your book! You are very cool and calm about that visiting spider:) Idaho is gorgeous! Will say a prayer for your husband and a job opportunity. Safe travels to Mexico and, wow! What an opportunity :)
That opportunity in Mexico will be so incredible to do with your kids. Good Luck with that.
Praying for employment for your husband.
That view is breathtaking, i can imagine thats the perfect place to write your book. Are you near San Diego? I used to live in Imperial Beach and went to junior high at Sacred Heart in Coronado. Very long time ago!
have a great day.
Have a wonderful time on your mission trip! Doing for others...what it's really all about! Continuing to pray for your husband...I know that God has big plans for him!
I love that you are writing! I love that you are getting an opportunity to watch as your big kids serve, and how it will open their eyes and broaden their perspectives! Hug your hubby and Little C a bit extra and be careful...
Love you,
E
What a great opportunity for you and the kids. It is eye-opening to see the world beyond our familiar slice. Best of luck with the writing. May God be with you as you carve out time for writing from the busy-ness of life!
Oh, I love hummingbirds too! My mind didn't wander that direction when I was answering the questions this morning.
Blessings~
Oh that photo of the beach in So. Cal!! :O Can i stay with you? lol ;) True Idaho is very much the northwestern part of the US along with beautiful Washington & Oregon. We haven't been there since 2009, time to go back!
Awesome that you are helping to build a house! I'm an active member of Habitat for Humanity here and I help on local builds - and once went to Guatemala with my daughter and others, and worked on a Habitat village being built there. A great experience.
I too would like to write a book someday. I took a writing class on my last cruise. Wishing you the best.
Salutations, friend! Or that "Sally-utations"? Youbare abrave soul to nonchalantly let a spider slip into your comouter. You literally have a bug in it now.
I would love to read your book when it's published!
Post a Comment