Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A frozen spring into Hodgepodge!

Hi friends!  Thanks for stopping by again today - I love our weekly visits on the Hodgepodge!  Let me know you stopped by, then hop on over to Joyce's blog to join in on the fun and see what others have written!

1.  Thursday marks the first day of spring...to celebrate would you rather plant a garden or go for a walk in the woods? Would either of those activities be possible on Thursday where you live?

I would much rather plant a garden!  (No woods nearby, really...)  But since our backyard is miniscule, I will settle for buying new hanging planters of flowers!

2. When did someone last spring something on you? (or when did you last spring something on someone?)

My sweet friend Christina, who I've known since the 3rd grade and was my bestie all through jr high and high school surprised me this week with this card:


Oh darn, it's sideways... sorry... anyway, all through my teen years I had a "thing" for frogs - it was pretty funny - I still have a couple of them sitting around!  But she saw this card and thought of me and so put it in the mail!  Totally made my day!


3.  We often think of spring as a time for new beginnings. What's something you'd like to start doing this spring?

I'd like to start actually making a weekly meal plan and sticking to it!


4. Where do you like to sit in a movie theatre? When did you last sit there, and what were you watching?

I like to sit in the middle, halfway back in the theatre.  Especially if I can get the row in front of the walkway, so there isn't anyone in front of me and I can put my feet up on the bar!  The last time I sat there was when we took the kids to see the Lego Movie last month!  (Which was a really cute movie, btw)


5. When you meet someone for the very first time, what do you want them to think about you?

That I'm friendly!


6. March is frozen food month (yes, really!). Besides ice cream (gotta make you think a little) what's your most often purchased frozen food item?


The bags of frozen veggies that steam themselves in the bag.  Followed by frozen pizza, probably - my hubby loves it!

7. What's something you avoid?

Rats. Snakes.

*shudder*

8. Insert your own random thought here

Speaking of being "Frozen" - can't say that I'm cold, as it has been in the 80s for the last week!  But we as a family watched the Disney film "Frozen" tonight - what a cute movie!  The music was good too!


A friend shared this video with me - it's one of the songs from Frozen done in the voices of other Disney/Pixar characters... well done!





And if you want to laugh, check this one out from Honest Trailer... a voice-over mocks the premise of the movie (they have other movies they have redone as well, they are hilarious!)







8 comments:

April said...

Loved "Frozen" and I can't ever seem to get "Let It Go" out of my mind! How fun to have received a card from someone you've known since the 3rd grade! Sure beats an e-mail or text, doesn't it? I don't think I'll ever tire of getting cards and letters from others.

A Joyful Chaos said...

A planter of flowers sounds delightful! I was hoping to get some for our front porch, a lot less work than a garden, and not as exhausting as trekking through the woods.

Joyce said...

We could sit next to one another in a movie theater : ) I'm looking forward to seeing Frozen, we missed that one. I love getting cards in the mail! Real mail doesn't happen too often, which makes it feel even more special. Enjoy your day!

retired not tired said...

Love the card. Postage is getting so expensive that I rarely send cards to my friends. E-mail works better but not as cute.

Cheryl said...

I watched Frozen yesterday afternoon and loved it!

Nikki said...

My niece and nephew saw frozen & the Lego movie, loved both! I don't go to the movies, something about the darkness and loud noise in the coming attractions that freaks me out. Also i can't hear 1/2 of whats being said.

Zoanna said...

Cute card! Let's do a movie when we meet! I always shoot to sit where you described.

Erika Mehlhaff said...

Ok. Know what? My eldest, who is currently a teenaged girl, as you know, totally loves frogs!! One more piece of evidence--our bond is so obvious--we are family!! And as for FROZEN, Little got it for her birthday--well, she got it yesterday, but was told on her actual birthday--and we cannot wait to watch it this weekend! (No movies on school nights!) Love you!

E