Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Lovin' the Hodgepodge!!



1.What makes love last?

So, I had an awesome quote that I re-posted on Facebook a couple of weeks ago.  And now, I can't find it.  Darn it.  But in my quest to find it, I linked to this website that I just spent a WHOLE lot of time on saying "AMEN sister!" and "Hallelujah!  Preach it!" as she spoke the truth about love, submission, God's design for love and sex and all that stuff in between... wow... check it out... you'll be glad you did!


2. The Beatles made their US debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune?


I'm not really a Beatles fan - they were before my time, mostly.  As to what I think of them - Umm, I'll defer back to when I was having a hip injection back in October.  And the Beatles were playing on the loudspeakers.  And the doctor and nurse were bantering back and forth over whether the old Beatles were better than the later versions.  And when they asked my opinion, I said "Quite frankly, I will agree with anyone who has the needle they are sticking into my thigh!" :-)


3. Valentine's Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you?

No, we don't really celebrate Valentines Day - my hubs (and I agree to a certain extent) think that it's mostly a holiday manufactured by Hallmark and florists!  


4. Steak or burger...you have to choose. Now that that's settled, how do you like it?

Burger!  Thick!  Medium!  On a good bun, with garden-grown tomato, lettuce, mayo, and ketchup,  YUM!!!


5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying, 'Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power.'  Do you agree? Why or why not?

Oh yes.. when you give someone authority or influence, you really do tell where their values lie, and what their true character is.  


6. Honest Abe's image is featured on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)?  It's been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been introduced proposing just that, but neither were approved. What say you?

I'll admit I don't use my pennies very often, but I don't have any strong feelings either way about the production of them.


7.  Do you think pop culture deserves serious study?

Only if it truly gets an honest look - at who is influencing us, at the self-centeredness of our society, and what we do and do not value, and what that impact is on our family and on our selves.


8. Insert your own random thought here.


Joyce - were you driving around southern California this week in a VW van? ;-)








10 comments:

Empty Nester said...

Hahahahaha! Great picture of the tag. I always focused the holidays on the lovelies but we're all of the mind that people should show love every day and not just on Valentine's Day. It's like an excuse to just be loving on one day. LOL

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

I use my pennies-hub and daughters get annoyed as I look for them in the bottom of my purse! Love the pic of the car tag!

Marla said...

I love the license plate! It should be Joyce's! Perhaps she can get a Jersey vanity plate with it. And, give the Beatles another try… for me! I just feel it's important for everyone to know their music. ( :

Mary said...

I'm not big on Valentine's Day, either. I hate to be a grinch, but I personally think cards & flowers are a waste of money! Got a chuckle about the Beatles debate! Good thinking! :)

A Joyful Chaos said...

Your burger sounds great! And now I'm hungry.

April said...

That license plate is too funny! What a find! Hey, I'm a burger kind of gal, too. Only mustard for me, though. Have a super day, Sally!

Nikki said...

LOL that photo is awesome! If you can believe it my dad STILL has the vw van since 1986! Not the buggy tho ;/ It was a sad day when we had to sell that.

Erika Mehlhaff said...

<3 Happy Valentine's Day anyways--because I love another 'reason' to let you know I love you, too, too much!!

Always,
E

Susan said...

Joyce definitely needs that license plate! Great find. :) I would agree to agree with anyone who is coming near me with a needle. Just get it over with! Hope you have a great (needle free) week!

Joyce said...

Ha-I need to think about a personalized plate! Sadly I wasn't in sunny California. I'm still in snowy NJ readying for yet another big snofall : )