Umm, moving... changing careers... saying goodbye to 13 years of military service...
2. What is one word to describe your 'job' or career?
Rewarding
3. What was your worst or least favorite job ever? Why?
My least favorite job was actually went I went back to work for the same company a second time - the first time I worked for this company I really enjoyed it, but had to leave when I had knee surgery. I went back a few months later, and there was a new manager, who did not care for her store the same way the prior manager had. She kept me there for 4 months, just long enough to do the inventory (until 2am!) and then laid me off because I was the "last one hired, first one fired" when they had budget cuts... even though I had technically been with the company longer than she had!
4. How do you measure contentment?
The inner calm that knows, even when things are crazy or uncertain, that everything is going to be ok.
5. Pickles-like or dislike? What is something you eat that requires a pickle? Dill, bread and butter, sweet gherkins...what's your favorite kind of pickle?
I can honestly take or leave pickles... my sis-in-law, though, adores them, and it seems her niece is following in her footsteps! My Middle C's faves are the sandwich stackers...
6. In your current house-town-state, what is it you like living close to?
The BEACH! (Yep, that's the view from where I park to go walking... it's craziness here, but it sure is pretty!)
7. What is one thing on your 'want-to-do' list before summer draws to an official close?
Really, we've had a good summer... played, went to the beach, had good family time, kids went to camps, etc. I can't think of anything else! School starts for us in a couple of weeks... I want to just enjoy these last few days of no set schedule, no conflicting band/soccer/church schedules!
8. Insert random thought here...
Lately I've been feeling overwhelmed with so many uncertainties... how are the kids' schedules going to work out... is our decision to put our son back on ADD meds a good one... should we go on a gluten/dairy/soy free diet to help his behavior... will the job I'm praying for this fall come through... will my husband's business get the IRS non-profit status it needs to move forward... Will the standing abs workout really help flatten my muffin top by the end of September... are there too many carbs in this yogurt/cereal/coffee...etc. etc. etc. Round and round and round the thoughts go in a vicious cycle sometimes...
And then, a dear friend sends me a link to this blog... and somehow, it all comes back into focus... that there IS no perfect school, or teacher, or job... it's all in God's hands, and how can it fail, when it's in His hands? Praise God... thank you for your tender mercies...

4 comments:
Praying for you friend, May God meet you amidst the uncertainties and may you experience His peace in new and deeper ways.
That link was really really good. So much truth, and she said it so well.
It's pretty where we live, but very steep, so walking is more of a chore than an enjoyable thing to do. I'd love to have a beach nearby!
Sometimes I meditate on the phrase "be still and know that I am God." It helps to quite the hamster in my brain. I also love the long "It is well with my soul."
Love ya! p.s. late September muffin tops and soft belly folds are totally the rage in Hawaii this year -- hadn't you heard? I'm gonna be cutting edge!
It is 1:58am here, on Tuesday. This is the first moment I have had to sit at my computer and read your blog from this past Wednesday (because it just causes problems from my iPod). I think my busy schedule of schedule-reconciling and chauffeuring and cheering and snuggling and chauffeuring some more is wreaking far too much havoc in my life. Even P said tonight (well, last night, I guess), "Oh, Mom. We need to drop something...for YOU." Anyways...what I signed on to say is really just this: I miss and love you and the 3 Cs and D!! And I pray for a great end of the summer/beginning of the school year for you guys, and for D's work, and for your work, and for you guys just in general because you are all awesome and mostly I figure a little extra prayer is good for everyone, esp. prayers of thanksgiving for friends who are far away in miles but never in hearts...and stuff like that...and now I am going to bed...because it seems I am a bit punchy...and I have to get up early...which means I might be punchy all day, too...ready for coffee already...ok, good night. Ack.
-E
Post a Comment