Oh, October... the month in which I treasure each warm day because I know it will soon turn cold and be bitter cold for 8 months - though this year since we are moving to a more temperate climate in late December my laments about the bitter cold will not be quite so severe... but still, I do like the changing in seasons, the leaves turning colors, the autumn colors, the smell of campfires in the air... love, love, love it. So, here's to a new month! And here's to a new Hodgepodge! Feel free to jump on over to Joyce's home page, where you can join in on the fun!
1. It's a brand new month...share one thing you're looking forward to in October.
Hmmm - Ok, well, I kinda already touched on that in my intro above... but I'll also say that it has been a month since my hip surgery, so in October I am looking forward to more strength, more mobility, and perhaps even losing a few of the pounds I have put back on since my surgery! I know, I know... now is not the time to be thinking about getting back into shape... but I can't stand how "blah" I feel after a month of being laid up, limited movement, etc.
2. Is chivalry dead? Explain.
Oh how I wish I could say no. Sadly, I think it is... it is so rare for a man to hold the door open for a lady, to rise when she goes to leave, to treat her with honor and be deliberate in courtship.
3. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut. Which character is your favorite? Which character is most like you? (Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Shroeder, Snoopy, Woodstock, or Pig Pen) If you need a description click here .
I couldn't immediately determine which one I was just based on the names, so I Google-searched for a more accurate description (I tell ya, when one has limited mobility one can find ALL kinds of things on the internet!) Anyway - here is a quiz you can take, just for fun, to figure out which Peanuts character you are most like.
Apparently, I am Woodstock - an incredibly unique person who values originality and loyalty above all else. i'm always where the fun is and I never lack for friends. I also like to try new things.
Now, I don't honestly know how all of those traits apply to Woodstock, per say - but they are pretty darn accurate for me!
4. What's something you're competitive about?
I can't really think of anything off the top of my head...
5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month...are you a fan? How do you like your popcorn?
I do like popcorn - light butter, air popped, light salt. Yum. I can't stand movie theatre popcorn that leaves your tongue coated in greasy butter... blech.
6. When did you first realize the world is small?
I am sure I had other realizations before this, but the first time that I can remember right now is when my fiancee' (now my husband) and I went to visit the college campus in Northern Arizona where we were transferring to. I was staying with another girlfriend's dorm - and as I went to the communal bathroom, I ran into a friend of mine that I had gone to elementary school with, but she moved away and we had lost touch. We hadn't seen each other in probably 7 years... and there she was, next to me! Craziness.
7. In terms of architecture, what's the most beautiful building you've seen up close and in person?
Beauty can be described as so many things. Of course there are the gorgeous, multi-million dollar works of art buildings - I have been to Washington DC and have seen some amazing buildings. The monuments. The hand painted murals.
But I have also stayed in shacks in Guatemala, made from mud and palm fronds. Bathrooms that consisted of a hole dug in the ground. Pictures from magazines torn out and pasted to the walls as their only decoration. And while to the world's eye these places may not have been beautiful... the smiles on the people's faces, the shine in their eyes as they welcomed us into their homes... those made those humble places more beautiful than the most gorgeous pieces of architecture in the world.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I know this is not new news, but oh, how I am LOVING Pinterest right now! As we are heading into the holiday season, especially with three family birthdays and a move all in the next 12 weeks, I am finding Pinterest to be such an awesome resource for gift ideas, decor ideas, etc. Love. It. If you are on Pinterest, tell me your site name in the comments - I'll come check your boards out! My name is mightymini5... see you there!
1. It's a brand new month...share one thing you're looking forward to in October.
Hmmm - Ok, well, I kinda already touched on that in my intro above... but I'll also say that it has been a month since my hip surgery, so in October I am looking forward to more strength, more mobility, and perhaps even losing a few of the pounds I have put back on since my surgery! I know, I know... now is not the time to be thinking about getting back into shape... but I can't stand how "blah" I feel after a month of being laid up, limited movement, etc.
2. Is chivalry dead? Explain.
Oh how I wish I could say no. Sadly, I think it is... it is so rare for a man to hold the door open for a lady, to rise when she goes to leave, to treat her with honor and be deliberate in courtship.
3. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut. Which character is your favorite? Which character is most like you? (Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Shroeder, Snoopy, Woodstock, or Pig Pen) If you need a description click here .
I couldn't immediately determine which one I was just based on the names, so I Google-searched for a more accurate description (I tell ya, when one has limited mobility one can find ALL kinds of things on the internet!) Anyway - here is a quiz you can take, just for fun, to figure out which Peanuts character you are most like.
Apparently, I am Woodstock - an incredibly unique person who values originality and loyalty above all else. i'm always where the fun is and I never lack for friends. I also like to try new things.
Now, I don't honestly know how all of those traits apply to Woodstock, per say - but they are pretty darn accurate for me!
4. What's something you're competitive about?
I can't really think of anything off the top of my head...
5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month...are you a fan? How do you like your popcorn?
I do like popcorn - light butter, air popped, light salt. Yum. I can't stand movie theatre popcorn that leaves your tongue coated in greasy butter... blech.
6. When did you first realize the world is small?
I am sure I had other realizations before this, but the first time that I can remember right now is when my fiancee' (now my husband) and I went to visit the college campus in Northern Arizona where we were transferring to. I was staying with another girlfriend's dorm - and as I went to the communal bathroom, I ran into a friend of mine that I had gone to elementary school with, but she moved away and we had lost touch. We hadn't seen each other in probably 7 years... and there she was, next to me! Craziness.
7. In terms of architecture, what's the most beautiful building you've seen up close and in person?
Beauty can be described as so many things. Of course there are the gorgeous, multi-million dollar works of art buildings - I have been to Washington DC and have seen some amazing buildings. The monuments. The hand painted murals.
But I have also stayed in shacks in Guatemala, made from mud and palm fronds. Bathrooms that consisted of a hole dug in the ground. Pictures from magazines torn out and pasted to the walls as their only decoration. And while to the world's eye these places may not have been beautiful... the smiles on the people's faces, the shine in their eyes as they welcomed us into their homes... those made those humble places more beautiful than the most gorgeous pieces of architecture in the world.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I know this is not new news, but oh, how I am LOVING Pinterest right now! As we are heading into the holiday season, especially with three family birthdays and a move all in the next 12 weeks, I am finding Pinterest to be such an awesome resource for gift ideas, decor ideas, etc. Love. It. If you are on Pinterest, tell me your site name in the comments - I'll come check your boards out! My name is mightymini5... see you there!
12 comments:
I love you, Woodstock!! That description really *is* spot on for you! Enjoy your autumn, my friend...how I wish we were near to watch leaves fall, share a pumpkin spice latte or two, and just hang out!!
Love,
E
Pinterest is awesome. ...so awesome that it got in the way of my schoolwork since I was addicted, lol. But its stockfull of such great ideas!! I disabled mine unfortunately but the site is still awesome!
i forgot about Woodstock however he is quite a character.
I love Pinterest too and its something I actually use so I feel its less of a time waster than Facebook. Facebook is fun too though : )
I'm jodaley but I think we already follow each other. Glad you're recovering well!
Woodstock is the best character on the whole series. Very cool!
Woodstock is great! I love his friendship with Snoopy. I hope you continue to heal well and gain strength. We will be moving smack-dab in the middle of Christmas! I really enjoyed your answer to #7. Have a beautiful day! Oh, I love Pinterest, too!
Woodstock is my favorite :) And movie theater popcorn always makes my tummy hurt - it always smells so good, but is just too greasy! I prefer kettle corn :)
Excellent answer for #7...love your perspective! I love Pinterest, too! So many great recipes and neat crafty projects! I go crazy on it every time I visit! I'll be sure to find you later today!
Glad you are recovering well. Pinterest is so much fun! I am stewmama, and there's also a button on my blog to follow me. Have a great day!
The quiz said that I was Lucy...I think Chris would totally agree with that! :)
I always smile when I read your blog. And I almost said what you said about the beautiful buildings. Internal beauty came from the humblest homes and orphanages I visited in Russia. I wanted to go bsck to the homes, not to Red Square where we saw such grandeur. Once is enough.
On Pinterest I am Zoanna Zubrowski.
Post a Comment