1. What are three words you would use to describe your 2011?
Long... Prayer-filled... OVER!
(Hubs was deployed for most of the year, several family members had serious health and legal issues that kept me on my knees in prayer, and lets just say I'm glad the year is done!)
2. Do you like shrimp? What's your favorite way to have it prepared?
I love shrimp! My favorite way to have it cooked is lightly cooked in white wine, butter, and garlic and tossed with pasta - this is the meal my friend made for me on the night he came back from studying in Germany for 6 months, and during that time I had figured out that yeah, I kinda liked him... so he came over for dinner and made me this meal and ohmygoodness... we've been married 17 years now! :-)
3. Is your house de-Christmased? If so when did you tackle that job? If not, when will the decorations come down?
We took down the tree on Dec 27, because it had been up since Thanksgiving and was deader than dead. Also, we were going out of town for New Years and I wanted the trash pickup to come get it on Monday! The rest of my house got taken down yesterday... grueling this time around because we will most likely be moving in this next year, so everything had to be packed away very carefully.
4. Do you like to watch scary movies?
NO!
5. ice skating~sledding~skiing~snowboarding~of the four listed which wintertime activity do you most enjoy?
I love sledding! Much safer, with the momentary thrill, and especially if you are at one of those places that pulls you back up - now THAT'S fun!
I really really want to love skiing, but I'm still waiting to get to the point where my inner monologue as I go down the hills isn't: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M GOING TO DIE! I'M GOING TO DIE! WHERE DID THAT TREE COME FROM? IS THAT THE EDGE OF THE MOUNTAIN? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
6. Did you have a childhood hideout? Describe it.
Yes, it was a small wooden playhouse that my father and grandfather built for us in our backyard. Tucked between the sycamore trees, it smelled all mossy and earthy and I loved just sitting out there, reading! In our "lets move every two years because of the military" life, it makes me sad that we've never been able to have a playhouse for our kids like that. Oh well... tuck it away for when we are settled and have grandbabies!
7. What's a place or space that motivates you?
The woods or the beach. Both places are soothing and are where I get my inspiration.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As so many people do this time of year, I am determined to get into a workout routine. Yesterday I did a 40 minute Jillian Michaels "oh how I hate her but love her at the same time" video - and then today I voluntarily got up at 4:45 am and went to a Jazzercise class that my friend teaches - and oh my, was it fun! Of course, I came home and sat down in front of the computer, so we shall see if my leg muscles will work when I actually want to get up and move again! :-) Those stairs up to my room look awfully daunting!
But here's to a more deliberate new year... more deliberate about what I do and don't eat, more deliberate about exercise, more deliberate about my walk with God. Seize the day, indeed!
6 comments:
I've tried to comment 3 times, I don't have enough coffee in my system to form a coherent sentence. Sorry.
I hope that 2012 is a year that is characterized by the words, fulfilling, blessed, and interesting.
Your inner monologue is hilarious--and the very reason I no longer sled! At some age, "This is so much fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnn!" turned to "prepare to meet your Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaker!"
OH, BTW, I can see why you'd be partial to my shrimp recipe:) I believe it started as a Rachael Ray recipe that I tweaked and renamed so that I'd remember it, and because my parents are MEssianic Jews I am "in tune" with "unclean meat" --and love it!
Ok. I'm not gonna lie. I'm stuck on one word in this post. One SINGLE word. You know which one??
I have a similar conversation with myself while skiing : ) We are a lot a like I think...we often have similar answers and sometimes you write something I was thinking...I almost said the mountains and the beach and my daughter and I are trying a Biggest Loser video this week. She doesn't actually need it but acts as cheerleader, coach, and moral support for me.
Good luck with your workout routine. Sounds like you are off to a great start. Oh, and I hope the young teen has been liberated from his solitary confinement. I know he did not mean to offend your dear readers. Teehee. Teenagers! Love them!
You had me cracking up at your answer to #5 !I am impressed you got up at 4:45... my alarm went off at 5:45 and I turned it right off and reset it to 6:30 :)
Post a Comment