So, without further ado - lets Hodgepodge and then go grab another cup of coffee! (Yes yes, I know it should be water instead... sigh...)
1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English in 2012-
amazing, baby bump, shared sacrifice, occupy, blowback, man cave, the new normal, pet parent, win the future, trickeration, ginormous, and thank you in advance.
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Go here to read more about how the words are chosen.
I'm pretty tired of "Occupy" which seems to have been used as an excuse to loiter... I'm just sayin...
Also, "Thank you in advance" is just condescending.
2. Are you easily embarrassed?
It depends on what the circumstances are. Normally I'm able to just laugh at myself - say, if I came home after doing errands all day only to discover that I had been wearing a bright turquoise bra underneath a shirt that was more see-through than I realized... yeah, I can laugh at that. (true story)
There is a difference between embarrassment and humiliation...
3. What is your go-to snack?
Love the salty carbs - pretzels, nuts (though I guess they are more of a protein, right?), but I do love a smidge of chocolate too!
4. Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? If not do you have any desire to go? What site/attraction would you most want to see in that city? If you have been, what's your favorite site/attraction?
Yes, we went 8 years ago when I was too pregnant to travel for Christmas, so we drove up to DC with our Big C (who was then 6) and our Middle C (who was 2). I only remember all the walking - probably because I was 7 1/2 months pregnant at the time! I would love to go back and see the WWII memorial, as it was still under construction when we were there.
5. sit ups-planks-lunges-squats...which do you hate the least?
I don't mind lunges or squats, but sit-ups are the bane of my existence!
6. What's a small act of kindness you were shown that you've never forgotten?
When my Little C was just a few weeks old, my best friend Erika stopped by on her way home from the grocery store, just to see how we were doing. I looked at her and said "I'm so tired, I'm seeing spots" to which she said "GO TO BED" and proceeded to watch all three of my little ones while I took a much needed nap! I will never ever ever ever forget that!
7. Have you ever been a blood donor?
Yes, I used to donate regularly, but now my veins are SO tiny that it is almost impossible for them to get blood... so I've stopped.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A friend shared this with me this morning... made me laugh, and I'm singing it now as I drink my coffee - not telling you what color it is!
6 comments:
All drinks are created equal? Ok....but maybe I should drink some coffee of a different color, since that first cup did not remove this headache!! (Ah, sleep deprivation!)
Ya, we all have embarrassing moments like that don't we? I remember one day the pizza man came to the door as I had just finished breast feeding my daughter. No one else was coming to the door, so I answered, paid for the pizza, shut the door and looked down at my unbuttoned to my belly button shirt! Ah well, gave the pizza guy something to talk about for the day anyhow!
Pretzel nut here too! What an awesome gift from your friend to give you much needed nap time. Moms work harder than most executives!
Love reading your posts.
We are major Julian Smith fans lately .....jellyfish. jelly fish. It's subtle, but it could save your life :)
That song made me laugh thanks :)
Post a Comment