This has been mulling through my mind all day long. How much time we waste, dwelling on the "er"s of our lives... You know what I mean:
I wish I was...
Thinner
Richer
Cleaner
Craftier
Trendier
Smarter
Sexier
Humbler
Wittier
All of those "er"s that take up so much time and energy. Time wasted dwelling on everything we aren't, instead of praising God for what we are... which is a whole complete other set of "er"s
For what I KNOW I am is this...
I am a...
Mother
Daughter
Sister
Lover
Homemaker
Grocery buyer
Maintainer/Scheduler
Worshipper
Photographer
Writer
Teacher
Somehow the "er"s that I am far outnumber the "er"s that I'm not... so let us dwell on that which God has gifted us to be, instead of dwelling on that which He has not... don't allow the flick of the serpent's tongue poison our thoughts and moods any more. Realize that God doesn't make junk - and He has created us exactly the way we are, and you know what? He thinks you are beautiful!
Beautifuler... that's my new "er"
1 comment:
Ahhh ... you know how to make my heart smile!
Post a Comment