1. Have you ever been 'asked' to report for jury duty? Were you chosen to serve? If not, were you happy or disappointed?
I have been asked to report for jury duty only once - it was when I had just moved to Arizona for college but was a Los Angeles resident still. I was able to get off of reporting, of course, because I was in college out of state - but they were in the process of choosing the jury for the OJ Simpson murder trial and ohmygoodness, what if THAT was the trial I was going to be considered for? *shudder*
2. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very), how mechanically inclined are you? Give an example to back up your answer.
I would say a 6... Being a military spouse means that hubs is not around a lot of the time when things need to be fixed, put up, taken down, etc. So I have figured out how to handle a power drill with the best of them, paint entire rooms, etc. However, i am also not above asking for help when I need it!
3. Beets-cabbage-cauliflower-butternut squash....of the four, which is your favorite fall vegetable?
Butternut squash! Yummy... There is a yummy butternut squash soup recipe that unfortunately, I'm the only one who likes in the fall... sigh,... but is great for entertaining! If I can find it, I will post it later!
4. What do you recommend to overcome self-pity?
Count your blessings. Make a list of things you are thankful for. I am reading an incredible book right now called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp - beautifully written, incredibly humbling, you will be blessed and both brought to tears and to your knees in reverence...
5. Do you enjoy classical music?
Oh yes! Growing up, I had a piano teacher who ONLY would allow me to play classical music. I hated it. Don't get me wrong, I am a much better piano player now as a result, but I would have loved to learn some "Fun" music at the same time - more "Great Balls of Fire" or "Charlie Brown Theme Song" stuff.
But I digress.
I do enjoy how relaxing good classical music is, and I will listen to it in the car and ask my children "What instruments do you hear?" to expand their listening ears...
6. October is National Book Month...what's on your reading list this month?
Shoot - didn't read this before I answered #4!
7. What is your idea of 'cute'?
Chubby babies with rosy cheeks and a gurgle laugh!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
In a week my hubs and I will be flying to Hawaii for a week with his parents, siblings, and their spouses. No children. For a week. We have saintly friends here who volunteered to watch our children for the week - we are so excited! Watch out Kauai, here we come!
4 comments:
chubby babies are a delight, I agree! Thanks for the book recommendation!
I've read Ann's book...I love her blog too. Have a wonderful time in HI! How can you not? We were in Mexico last week and I'm still trying to get back in the groove here. It's tough!
I JUST completed my jury service yesterday! I don't generally mind serving and sometimes learn interesting things. The hardest thing for me is that my schedule is COMPLETELY out of my control! I can't plan meetings or outings or anything. Anyway - I'm thankful to be off.
Have a truly wonderful time in Hawaii!!!
Don't you love One Thousand Gifts? Ann is so inspiring.
Have a great trip! Sounds wonderful.
Post a Comment