Monday, July 18, 2011

Some Days...

Some days... are just blah. In general, I'm an upbeat person.  Annoyingly so sometimes, I fear - my favorite saying  is "It's all Good!"  and when others respond with "But it's NOT always good" I reply "No, but it will be"  Which is true.  But there are moments, when life just gets overwhelming and... you just need to vent a little.  And so,just like Meg Ryan in "You've Got Mail" said, "I just want to throw this out into the cosmic void..."

So, void... Here I am.  Empty.  I've been crying off and on all day, and I don't really know why.  I think I startled my poor husband when we were skyping earlier... and of course, he's fighting a war... he hasn't been home in 4 months... he's not in a place either geographically or emotionally to really be there for me.  And not that I expect him to BE there all the time... for pete's sake, that would be ridiculous... like I said, it has just been a hard day.

So, join me in my pity party...


  •  As mentioned before, deployed husband... I miss him more than words can say.
  • the kids are on summer break, which is a mixed blessing and curse of being fun and yet they drive me and each other crazy at alternate intervals
  • in regards to the above situation, i have now realized that my degree in elementary education has served me no good in raising children - I should have instead majored in conflict resolution or debate
  • the house is a mess, I actually dreamed that the cleaning ladies came to move in here!
  • I haven't exercised in a month, unless you count me jumping on the trampoline with my littles
  • when jumping on the trampoline, realized that I am getting very. very. old. and I really need to do more Kegel exercises.  'Nuff said.
  • I haven't studied the Bible any lately, I miss my time with the Lord.
  • I'm NEVER done with laundry... no end in sight
  • the seasons changed from freezing winter to blazing summer while we were on vacation so I still have ski jackets out that are now mixed in with the flip flops and sunscreen and really should be put away
  • I found mice droppings in the garage that were tinted the blue/green color of the mouse poison pellets I set out months ago.  Which is good, because it means they are eating the poison... but is bad, because it meant I obviously really did NEED the poison pellets... ewwwww.....
  • My car has a $1000 oil leak, which the mechanic says will be ok... for a while... but I also have a transmission error code that can only be diagnosed by the dealer, which is an hour away

So, all of this has just been eating at me today.  It is also blazing hot - as in, 107 degrees today... which isn't that big of a deal, it's dry at least (no humidity like in the south) but still, like any extreme weather, it takes its toll...

But then, even though I'm still a little blue, my friend Erika posted this video on Facebook tonight.  And its moments like this that make me truly thankful for social networking.  Yes, it can be a huge pain sometimes... but the sharing of God-moments is priceless... 

And why is it so hard for us to remember this?  In the midst of our own chaos, disappointments, frustrations, sin... He sees only beauty.  And He will turn this day, that really wasn't ALL that bad in reality, into "just one of those days."  Thanks be to God/

To God be the Glory.





No comments: