1. July 20th marks the anniversary of the first time man stood on the moon. Flash forward 42 years to July 8, 2011 which marked the start of the final Space Shuttle mission. Should we continue to explore space? Should nations devote more or fewer of their resources to exploring space? Would you want to go into space if the opportunity arose?
Honestly, I can NOT believe that we no longer have a space program. We are one of the most powerful countries in the world, and we don't have a space program? Doesn't make much sense to me, if we want to maintain security as well as scientific progress...
However... if we were going to really explore something else, I think that there are so many areas of our own world that haven't been explored... the depths of the oceans, how species survive in those extreme climates...
And - if other countries are devoting their resources to space programs when their own people are suffering, then yes, they need to reassess their priorities... a lot...
But yes, if the opportunity arose, I would love to go to space... what an amazing perspective...
2. What are three things in your freezer?
- Popsicles that I made from Naked Juice - you know, the juice that is in reality way too thick to drink on its own, but makes awesome popsicles, and the kids don't even know they are eating actual fruit and veggies... good stuff... yum.
- Bags of veggies - the kind you put in the microwave and it steams them for you... amazing!
- And, of course... ice cream!
3. If you could see any band/artist perform live tonite who would it be? It has to be someone living...no Beatles, Elvis, etc.
U2 - I've heard they give an amazing concert, and I've always wanted to see them!
4. Ice-cubed or crushed? Or are you one of those people who don't like ice?
Crushed ice - especially the small pellet sized from Sonic! I do like ice in most drinks... but not when I order a "specialty" drink at a restaurant - I feel like they always stock the glass full of ice and fruit, and then add the "specialty" which means I've paid $9 for ice and fruit, and not the "specialty" that I was really wanting! Grrr...
5. The owner of a small restaurant outside of Pittsburgh recently announced he was banning children under six, saying they regularly disrupted other customer's meals. You can read the story in more detail here but isn't this a perfect topic to discuss in our Wednesday Hodgepodge? Have at it friends...what are your thoughts?
Wow... I'm not sure how to respond to this one! i guess it would depend on what kind of restaurant this was? I mean, are we talking $50 plated meals? But even then... I think the responsibility for behavior of the children should rest with the parents, and the restaurant maintains the right to ask the entire family to leave if the kids (or adults!) are disruptive. Because seriously, I've seen families in restaurants where the ADULTS were just as obnoxious as the children! Or a table full of teenagers... 'nuff said. Normally, kids in a restaurant... it's just part of the deal sometimes! But at certain times, I wouldn't be against a restaurant that had a rule like, no one under the age of 16 after 10 pm... because there is NOTHING worse than being out on a date with your husband late at night and you are disturbed the ENTIRE TIME by tables of either a) unruly teenagers or b) toddlers who are rightfully exhausted and are crying!
Not that I have any personal experience in this matter... but I still think the owner of this particular restaurant is kinda a jerk.
6. What was your first car? How did it come to be yours?
I consider a 1984 Buick Century, the model designed to transport the Olympians and Olympics Officials in Los Angeles from event to event , to be my "first" car - it was pretty cool, in that it had the USA Olympics symbol embroidered on the headrests, and in metal on the outside of the car... very unique. It was a great car! Maybe not the sportiest, but it sure beat the pants off of the yellow Chevy Caprice station wagon that my dad had me driving until it exploded in the high school parking lot. This is a family blog, so I can not repeat the words I said to that car at that moment. I have never been so happy to drive a Buick sedan in my life.
This is the station wagon I mentioned earlier:
I hated that car.
7. If I had a nickle for every time I _________________ I'd be rich.
it's a toss up... between If I had a nickle for every time I said "Please pick up your things" or "Stop whining!"
Sigh...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I posted this on my post yesterday... and it just bears reposting!!! Even amidst the chaos, the bickering kids, the never ending laundry, the flashbacks to awful Chevy Caprice station wagons (thanks Joyce!) ... God sees us as nothing but precious and beautiful! And sometimes, that is just the reminder you need when you've had a weepy day!
And... in case you are looking for something absolutely divine to make- these brownies are heavenly! Seriously... if they didn't taste so darn good and weren't so easy to make... I'd almost say they were evil. But that would be a contradiction in terms, since I just said they were heavenly!
But you HAVE to make them. Trust me on this one.


3 comments:
Sometime I'd love to hear the whole story about the explosion of both that car and driver!
Love Nichole Nordeman...Legacy is one of my favorite songs.
Seeing U2 tonite-I have a ton of things to do today but I'm too excited to be organized and productive.
The last time Hubs and I went out was for our anniversary. The waitress seated us next to a very loud, obnoxious group of adults. The lady sitting directly behind me was practically yelling in my ear. I finally asked the waitress if we could please move, as this was our anniversary. It's not just the kids!
Post a Comment