This week is the week leading up to Mothers Day. Mothers Day takes on a whole different meaning when you have your own children looking up to you and depending on you to feed them, clothe them, and generally make sure they are raised up in the way they should go. Sounds easy enough, right?
But what I find instead is that there is no more exhausting and yet rewarding job in the world. Motherhood is such a strange blessing. Like marriage, when you share your life with someone, you have to give up certain parts of your own selfishness in order to make the partnership work. Find that balance between what you want to do and what the other person needs you to do. It is the same with raising children - just yesterday, in fact... my eldest C came down with the stomach flu. On the only day I had to run errands this week. Sigh. So, I had to give myself up, set aside my own schedule, and be there for my child. And I didn't really mind (OK, I minded a little... had to throw a pity party for a few moments there... I mean, lets be realistic) But truthfully, it was ok. (And a dear friend who was also doing errands offered to do a few of mine for me as well - what a blessing!)
So - here's to you moms. We do an awful lot of negotiating, planning, preparing, maintaining, structuring, teaching, disciplining, and praising throughout every single day.
But when those blessings call on us to set aside our personal agendas so that we might serve them, there is no better job in the world than to answer that call.
Happy Mothers Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment