Don't laugh.
It's true.
I joke with my friends and family that I'm no Martha Stewart. You know - perfectly composed at all times, dressed immaculately, house picture perfect, meals planned 3 weeks ahead of schedule and perfectly balanced both visually and nutritionally, hand-made crafty gifts that are cute and yet practical for all my friends... you get the picture.
Nope - I'm not Martha. And that's ok.
But... I'm no Pioneer Woman either.
And you would think that a pioneer woman would be more down-to-earth, realistic, non-threatening. But instead, I am in awe of this amazing woman. For those of you who do not know this pioneer woman, here is the link to her blog. www.thepioneerwoman.com
Did you check out her blog? Do you see what I mean? Not only is she a rancher's wife, homeschooling mother, photographer, and cook... she maintains this blog daily and finds time to publish her own books!
And I can't help but like her because, rather than appearing cold and calculating like Martha, she is warm and real and funny... gosh darn it. Because I'm lucky if I get dinner planned a day in advance - never mind creating my own recipes! And I've got months of photos still on my camera. And I'm only 6 years behind in my scrapbooking.
I'm not Martha. I'm not Pioneer Woman.
'Cuz I spend more of my time questioning the serious issues of the day like "Why in the WORLD can my boys not pee straight??" and "If I put parsley on the chicken, will that add enough color to tonight's dinner which, due to me throwing together dinner at 5:45 consists of the beige color scheme - chicken, rice, pears" and "Is it wrong that I am so thrilled by the discovery of a new method that removes the hard water stains from my bathroom toilets?" (the answer to that one is most likely yes... don't judge me...)
And my husband wonders why my head explodes when he wants to delve into deep theological and societal issues at 10:30 pm.
So hear me now. I'm Not Martha. I'm Not Pioneer Woman. I'm not perfectly toned, perfectly dressed, perfectly decorated, perfectly organized.
What I am, is perfectly made (Psalm 139:13-14). A holy vessel. Beloved. Treasured. Prized.
And that's good enough for me.
6 comments:
Oops! I accidentally posted on Facebook! Well, I will copy and repost here, because you are just THAT awesome...
As much as I admire Martha's craftiness and ability to fold fitted sheets w/o a solitary wrinkle...and as much as I am inspired by the Pioneer Woman's ability to create divine food/cookbooks and a beautiful blog that she updates daily...I have to say that I don't believe either could handle our lifestyle with the patience, understanding, and grace that is required of us! Your ever present smile and prayerful positivity makes you #1! Luv ya, my friend!!
You are a genu-ine Real Housewife of Elmore County, that's what! Love ya, Chica!
Ohh what's the hard water trick?
By the way that was Alex, just in case anyone really thought Sean would care. He doesn't. :)
You said it all. AMEN to that!
I love your resignation speech!
Post a Comment