And a disclaimer - my blogging seems to go in spurts... truly, I admire those who can write lengthy witticisms on a daily basis... that's just not me. I may have an original thought every once in a while, or look at things in a witty sort of way, but somehow en route to the computer from the laundry room, I get distracted and completely forget what I was going to write about. Also, I've been in somewhat of an emotional roller coaster lately, so perhaps my mind's just not there... but I digress... on to today's Hodgepodge!
1. Would you rather be seen as the person who did their duty, or one who forged their own path?
You know, I'm not sure how to answer this. Sometimes, forging your own path IS in doing your duty, even if it means sacrificing selfish pursuits. (Example: remaining committed to spouse and children, even when things aren't perfect and temptation is around every corner)
But, forging your own path can also be found in all walks of life. Parenthood. Military duty. Education. Marriage. none of these things are taken lightly and may even go against other's "desires" for you. But if it is something you believe strongly in, then go for it. Do it with all of your heart and do your duty in it.
I don't know if I'm making any sense. On to the next question...
2. This week's Wednesday Hodgepodge happens to fall on Groundhog's Day. In keeping with that theme, if you could have a do-over of any one day out of the last seven, which day would it be and why? If you haven't seen the movie Groundhog Day this question will make absolutely no sense but that's okay...you can answer anyway.
Friday... definitely Friday... my hubby and I were away for a blissful 3 days without children - we slept in, ordered room service, went to the Boise Art Museum, walked around downtown, then had an incredible $$$ dinner and went to a play, then relaxed in the hotel bar with a glass of wine while being serenaded by live piano. Ahh... bliss...
3. Hot cocoa...yay or nay on the marshmallows?
Oh my goodness - I almost choked on my marshmallows as I saw that question! HAVE to have marshmallows! I'm pretty sure it's a law. And if its not, then it should be. Perhaps that is my calling in life...
4. Do you wear makeup every day? What are the top two must haves in your daily makeup routine?
I'm going to agree with the Hodgepodge Wednesday creator and state that if you have such thing as "Eye Serum" in your bathroom, then you should automatically be allowed at least 5 items of makeup in your daily makeup routine. I'm just sayin...
But to answer this, no, I do not wear makeup every day. I try to remember to put on lotion every day, and my serum of course... but honestly, the fact that I am up at o-dark-hundred getting kidletts fed and off to school and driving carpools, just getting dressed and my contacts in my bleary eyes is a major feat some mornings. I will always choose my cup of Keurig coffee over makeup. But I will say - although I don't wear makeup daily, I have not yet lowered my standards enough to wear pajama pants and Crocs and a stained t-shirt with no bra to Walmart... you are welcome.
5. Is it more important to you in a relationship to be loved or understood?
Oh dear... I would love both! But since the bloggy says I have to choose... I'd rather be loved. And hopefully, the one who loves me will try to understand me... and even if
6. Parsley, sage, rosemary, or thyme...your favorite?
Ok, let me just say that thanks to this song, I can NOT have my spices ordered in any other way in my cupboard. Ok, not all my spices, just these four. Anything else can move around. These four, have to go in this order. Every time. I know... I need help.
And, since you asked... Rosemary, all the way.
7. What do you do when you feel angry?
You know, I rarely get angry... but lately I've had some experience with this, and I've got to say, I don't really like it. My heart races, I get all agitated, and I pace around the house yelling at inanimate (and sometimes animate) objects. Yeah - not a fun time. I usually feel much better once it's over though...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am still trying to figure out why the birdies in my neighborhood flock to my neighbor's bird feeders and avoid mine like the plague. I mean, our cat is gone... the bird seed is fresh and high quality... the feeders are practical yet stylish... I even moved them away from my kitchen window, as I thought perhaps the sight of me peering from the window was scaring them off... but alas... they flock to my neighbor. Maybe its because they heard me yelling at inanimate objects. I'm trying not to take it personally.
2 comments:
Your weekend away sounds nice! We have been trying to figure out a vacation but everything tropical is so expensive right now. I think they know people on the East Coast are desperate for sun and sand.
Enjoy your week!
I love these random thoughts. Where did you find the questions, they are great.
I do think that your spices thing is funny, I'm the same way about so many things.
Post a Comment