Wednesday Hodgepodge...
OK, So I was turned on to this fun Bloggy thing called Wednesday Hodgepodge by my friend Erin (Hi Erin!)... it sounded like a lot of fun, so I thought I'd give it a shot!
1. Will you watch the Super Bowl? If so, who will you cheer for? If you are not from the USA what is the 'big deal' sporting event in your own country?
Um, I will most likely watch the Super Bowl, in that we will probably be at a friend's house - not sure who, but surely it will be someone who has a tv screen that is all flat and hi-def and takes up an entire wall. Unlike our 300 pound beast, which was purchased at the Columbus, Mississippi Walmart 10 years ago and just. refuses. to. die. sigh... But I digress - in all honesty, my version of watching the Super Bowl is more like watching a few plays, watching the commercials, and eating a lot of food.
And who will I cheer for? Probably Green Bay, only because I was stranded once at the Pittsburgh airport right before the Steelers were in the Super Bowl years ago, and the attendants there were so rude and unsympathetic and you know, now I just have an unjustifiable feeling of frustration whenever I see the Pittsburgh Steelers emblem, because it was splashed all over the entire stupid airport and even the flight attendants were wearing Steelers paraphanalia. And I know I just misspelled that... but that's how I feel. So there.
2. Is ignorance bliss?
yikes - that's a tough one. I'll have to go with , yes, when it comes to eating a dessert or really, anything chocolate or caramel, then I'm quite happy being ignorant of the calories and hardening of my arteries that is surely taking place as I type. But - if a loved one is in trouble, as heart breaking as it may be, I definitely want to know so that I can cover them in prayer. So in that instance, no, ignorance is not bliss.
3. Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (and just in case your Disney is a little bit rusty, here they are-Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy).
I think I've been all seven today!
4. When you are riding in the car with another couple how do you organize seating? (Men up front? Women up front? Couples sit together?)
Um, wow - can't honestly remember the last time I rode in a car with another couple... unless carting my parents around at Christmas counts... in which case, Duane and I were in front while they were in the back, amidst the three children, Christmas gifts, and enough goldfish crackers and juice boxes to feed a small nation.
But I suppose... if we were to ever actually go out with another couple, who aren't my parents... then we'd probably do the guys up front (because they would chivalrously offer to drive, and open the doors for us ladies, and present us with gifts of roses and chocolates and wine... hey, I can dream, right?)
5. What is beauty?
Beauty is simply exactly what God has created you to be... at this time, at this place, and being completely content with that knowledge.
6. If someone asks you to bring an appetizer or a dessert to a party in their home, which would you choose?
Oh, I love desserts!
7. What is your crowd pleasing go-to appetizer?
Either my bean dip or crab dip... yummy!
8. Insert your own random thought here...
OK, so I just put this on as my Facebook post, because I really truly did think this... but I was watching Shark Week with my oh-so-shark-obsessed little boy, and as I watched them catch this shark, tag its fin, slice open its belly to insert a temperature/depth-gauging device, all the while pumping water over it, keeping it alive, but wisely avoiding the massively sharp teeth, and then releasing it back...
I couldn't help but feel kinda sorry for the shark (apologies to my shark-catching friends out there) but I wondered what in the world the shark was thinking - and if they went back down to the depths and told their friends stories like the humans who swear they have been abducted by aliens "I'm serious dude, they caught me and kept me in this tank and they stuck stuff in me! It was freaky, man!"
Definitely random thoughts...
1 comment:
Thanks for playing along today and welcome to the hodgepodge! My youngest daughter is a shark nut too. It's funny because she is a very girly girl. She has shark week on DVD and lots of books and she really wants to do that cage diving thing. Shudder!
Post a Comment