Monday, August 3, 2009

Must Be Something in the Air...

I've got to admit, August is my least favorite month. August is just, well, hot... and the lovely schedule of not having a schedule has worn thin, as has the bliss of having ENDLESS hours to play with the 13,000,000 toys they all have, with EACH OTHER, the siblings Duane and I were kind enough to provide them with to be constant playmates.

So, well, this morning I woke up and immediately checked the calendar, ostensibly to see what was on today's agenda, but really to see just how many more weeks we had until school started (2 weeks, 6 days, 22 hours) I called to the kiddos to get dressed for the day, and when I ventured out to the kitchen (no more coffee... ACK!!!!)... these are the shining faces that greeted me...

Yes, Caleb needs a haircut, a topic we have discussed at length over the past, oh, two weeks. Caleb has also begun experimenting with hair gel, spiking his hair up and touselling it to look like Harry Potter, which, with his glasses, he really does look a lot like. But today, I just cracked up when I saw him... his hair is so thick and long, it looked more like an accident with a light socket! When I told him as such, he just laughed and gave me full permission to post this on our blog.

And Clarissa - oh, our little independent girl - so into fashion, coming up with her own outfits and hairstyles... this morning she greeted me with three separate pony tails - one in the back and two on either side of her face - no doubt holding back the bangs that she is trying desperately to grow out, and I'm desperately resisting the urge to cut...

Colin was the only one who had a normal hair day, only because he mercifully had most of it shaved off last week by our base barber...

I just had to laugh... their independence, their hair, their clothes... always something! In the meantime, I'm off to Target/Starbucks (Whoever put those two stores together is a God-send!) for some much needed coffee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha...awesome! This makes me miss you guys! Hope you are all doing well and enjoy the beginning of school!

Hopefully talk to you soon...

Steph