Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stand back, Nastia Liukin!





This past weekend we travelled to Clarissa's first gymnastics competition. She did incredibly well, scoring a 9.30 on the beam, 9.2 on the vault, 8.375 on the floor, and 7.9 on the bars. On her floor routine, she didn't catch herself and did an extra flip, which counted as a fall, and on the bars she added another roll - her coaches made the comment, "She's got to stop adding to her routine and showing off!" They were smiling when they said that, so they were really proud of her. She placed first in beam and vault for her team, and placed 6th in her age division! And, she also qualified to go to the state competition in Orlando this May, so pack your bags and join us at Disney World! We are so proud of her!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

That is just plain awesome! Way to go, Clarissa! :)

Christy Lynn said...

Yay for Clarissa! I'll be looking for her on the Olympics in a few years ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm a proud Opa!

Anonymous said...

totally totally coool!!!!! Now a new challenge for Sally...figure out how to post the video that I'm SURE you guys took. Traci

Unknown said...

Argh - the video is too big to post... hold on, I'm still working on it!