Thursday, October 30, 2008

Questions...

Conversations that Colin posed on the way home from preschool today - a 10 mile, 15 minute drive at best.

  • "Why are sharks blue and white and gray? If I were a shark I would be brown on top and white on the bottom, and mommy, if I were on Shark Tale I would be Lenny because he's a nice shark but he really needs to learn how to be a shark. And Mommy, why do sharks eat seals? I would not want to be a seal!"

  • "Tomorrow is show and tell and the letter is A and so you know what starts with A? Avalanche - can I bring snow to show and tell and throw it at people?"

  • Mommy, why does God make sharks eat fish? Are the fish scared of sharks? What do the fish eat? Who eats sharks? Do sharks go to heaven? Do fish go to heaven? Are the sharks still hungry when they go to heaven? Does God want them to eat the fish?
  • Colin, what did you do at school today? "Well, I didn't go to the time-out table and we talked about Halloween but we didn't learn about Halloween and I'm going to be a pirate for Halloween, but I really want to be a great white shark and maybe next year I can be a great white shark or maybe a hammerhead shark or maybe Caleb can be the diver and I'll be the shark and Clarissa can be the fish that I eat!"

If you can't tell, Colin has recently become rather obsessed with sharks - we have no idea where this came from, but we have checked out EVERY shark book our local library has and we are all now experts on every kind of shark there is, their diet, behavior patterns, etc. And while I'll admit it gets rather annoying (even his poor teachers have had enough - he was at the time-out table at school yesterday for talking about sharks too much!) I love the fact that he is such a sponge right now - he is learning so much, taking it all in, and remembering every detail!

And of course - his Uncle Scott and Aunt Traci are just the WORLD'S Coolest Aunt/Uncle because they SWIM with sharks and FEED sharks and oh my, everyone Colin meets gets told about his aunt and uncle who swim with sharks and DON"T GET BIT! You guys are cool...

2 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

That is too funny. What an imagination. Do you have time to answer the questions are do you just sit back and listen as he chatters on?

Unknown said...

Well, I try to answer as much as I can, but I admit sometimes I'll tune him out a bit... I am human after all!