Monday, June 23, 2008

Morning Glory!

Well, not many pictures lately - this whole summer thing is crazy! I promise, I'll put some new pictures on soon. In the meantime, I thought I'd share this yummy recipe. I've actually had this for a long time - thanks to my friend Tammy Schill (Hi Tam!) - but I still love making these muffins and having them around for a quick breakfast, snack, whatever. I've made some adjustments to make them a little healthier... anyway, enjoy!

Morning Glory Muffins

2 cups sugar
4 1/2 c. Flour (I mix half whole wheat, half white)
4 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup golden raisins
4 cups shredded carrots (or 2 cups shredded carrots, 2 cups shredded zucchini)
2 apples shredded (cored but not peeled)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
7 eggs
1 3/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup applesauce

Mix together in a LARGE bowl the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add coconut, raisins, carrots/zucchini, apples, and nuts. Stir well. In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add oil, vanilla, and applesauce. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir only until blended. Pour into greased muffin tins about 3/4 full and bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes about 28 muffins.

No comments: