Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Argh, Mateys!




So, what do you do with an extremely active 4-year-old who has a hurt arm? You pay a visit to your local Walmart and buy Pirate gear, of course! I can't tell you how many times we have played pirates this past week - gotten everyone dressed in bandana hair covers, eye patches, and golden chain jewels and had a jolly time... we even got out the Pirates of the Caribbean Lego Pirate Ship and had a battle with the Naval Aircraft Carrier - aye, 'twas a fierce battle it was! (Captain Jack Sparrow won, of course!) And that is the ONLY time I allow myself to be called "You scurvy wench!" Too fun...




we do have a praise report, though - we took Colin back to the doctor for new xrays and they couldn't confirm a break in his arm! So, it now appears that his elbow may have been slightly dislocated (this explains why he screamed when they tried to rotate his arm), but during the week in a soft cast it moved back into place. So, we're back to normal movement - praise the Lord! Our visions of 6 weeks in a cast, trying to avoid water, maintaining comfort in 90% humidity, etc. will not come to pass! Yea!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

'You scurvy wench'-- that's great news! lol

Seriously, glad to hear the wonderful report. Yea for Collin and for you!! Praise the Lord!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jamie - I can always count on you to leave a comment - they make my day! Miss you, girl!

Vicki Blake said...

So creative. I love it. I am glad things are going well.