Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Springing Ahead!

Hi there friends!  It is Hodgepodge time!  And not only that, I am taking tomorrow off from work so I can put the finishing touches on our home that we have moved into - you know, hanging pictures, driving to Bed Bath & Beyond to find shelving for my pantry spices, all of that exciting stuff that just needs to get done!  So, that also means I may have more time to catch up on some blogging and actually respond to people who stop by my blog tomorrow!  I hope so - I have missed it!  Please hop on over to the Home Page (Joyce's abode) and see what others are saying in response to the questions.. it is so much fun!


1. What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung! almost there, or still waiting?

The first image that comes to mind is "Spring ahead" as in, the daylight savings time ritual that made us all oversleep yesterday!  Yikes!

Followed, of course, by Tigger!  Although he was more of a "bouncy flouncy pouncy trouncey fun fun fun fun fun! - the most wonderful thing bout Tiggers is that He's the only one!  hoo hoo hoo hoo!"  (extra credit points if you just totally sung that in the Tigger voice in your head and even did the ending "hoo hoo hoo hoo!")

Spring is definitely on its way here - the flowers in our office courtyard are starting to bloom!

2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob...which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs...did you ever own a Slinky?

Honestly, we move so often, most of those things are replaced pretty regularly.  I am pretty darn attached to our bed, though, as was evidenced this past week when we switched mattresses for the "better, newer" mattress that one of our children had.  And neither my husband or I slept well all week!  When I started waking up with sharp stabbing pains in my jaw/ear, I knew I was grinding my teeth in my sleep... so we switched the mattresses back.  And I have slept like a log ever since!  The princess and the pea, I am... apparently.

And duh - what child of the 70s/80s didn't own a slinky?  Or, at least, the tangled mess of wire that USED to be a slinky...  ;-)

3. March is Women's History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman.

"For beautiful eyes, look only for the good in others.  For beautiful lips, speak only kindness.  And for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now?

How many steps/leaps of faith is God going to ask us to make?

5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?

I love sugar... truly, the minute I have any, I crave more.  Which means that I really should limit it a bit.  I don't consciously reduce the amount of sugar I consume, but I do avoid the synthetic stuff - I just don't trust it.  i would rather have less of the the "real" stuff than something chemical.

6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?

Definitely more work that I enjoy doing.

7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas,  Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?

Yes I have!  I took my little ones (ages 5 and 15 months at the time) on a road trip from Pensacola to Dallas and San Antonio to visit good friends while my hubby was away at a military training.  The River Walk in San Antonio is gorgeous - so much fun!  I would like to see the World Aquarium - from what I've heard, the Alamo is really nothing to look at - whoever planned that memorial did a very poor job!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

A friend sent me this song today... I really needed to hear it, and so thought I'd share it with you!  God is so good...


7 comments:

Joyce said...

Be sure you give me my bonus points because I sang it all the way to the end : ) I love Casting Crowns...don't know if you heard, but Mark Hall, the lead singer has been diagnosed with cancer and is having surgery today to remove a kidney. If you think of it, he and his family are asking for prayer. Don't know if you follow the band or Mark on twitter or fb, but he has an amazing attitude.

April said...

The question you posted is one I often as myself these days. Just have to keep on TRUSTING! Love that song from Casting Crowns!

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

Was there not a basement in the Alamo? ;) I probably would go and visit because i would end up regretting if i didn't.

Sara G. said...

I TOTALLY sang the Tigger song...ever last bit of it!! :)

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I also have a Audrey Hepburn quote. :-))

I had to chuckle, our family LOVED the Alamo.

Happy Spring,
Carla

Zoanna said...

The Alamo was rather a dull tourist attraction, for sure.

I love your quote--I'll have to remember that. Glad you took off to do some nesting. :)