Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pondering the happiness of bivalves and dances...

Hey y'all!  Good to see you back here again for another edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge!  Leave a comment below letting me know you stopped by, and then head on over to Joyce's page (click the link below) to see what others are saying, or join in the fun yourself!  Have a wonderful week, friends!


1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?

Yes, we celebrate Easter, and since I work in our church, it is definitely a busy time for all of us!  As a child, my favorite tradition was waking up early, searching for the eggs around the yard, and then dressing up and going to church with my grandparents.  Now, I love making the baskets for my kiddos, hiding eggs, and going to church as a family.

2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope. 

The definition of hope is a feeling of expectation and desire for something to happen - the optimist in me would say that it's not that hope abandons you, or you abandon hope, but rather that your goals or dreams may change due to circumstances or life changes...

3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?

I do like the traditional easter candies - of course, there aren't many candies I don't like!  Don't really care for Cadbury creme eggs or peeps, but give me a coconut cream egg, or a solid bordeaux egg from Sees, and I'm happy as a clam!  (Assuming clams are really as happy as that saying indicates... have we ever been able to accurately assess the emotional state of a bivalve mollusk?)  Whatever... I'm happy.

4. When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'

Just tonight - I was in Bed Bath and Beyond with a girlfriend, and oh my goodness, they have the CUTEST summer plates and cups!  All plastic, so cheap, but cute!  I resisted buying any, but I may just have to go back... there were clear cups with oranges on them too, which would be perfect for our family beach house, which was made possible by our orange farmer grandparents!  (See, i can always justify spending money on cute household things... especially when they elicit an emotional response)

5. What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?

I'm drawing a blank.  For those of you who know me... whatcha think?  Any suggestions?

The only thing I can think of is the fact that I talk in sweet talk to the crotchety old copier in my office when it's being ornery - my coworkers think it's ridiculous, but I maintain, if you talk nice to it, it will behave!  Doesn't really bother me, or bother my coworkers - I maintain, you don't argue with what works!

6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State...of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?

I'd love to visit the Palmetto State- I love South Carolina, and as a bonus, it's right next to North Carolina, where our rental house is that we are trying to sell!  Oh how I would love to be there to meet with the realtor, talk to our renter, and for pete's sake figure out what in the world is going on with the air vents that they are saying need to be replaced... oy... so yeah, South Carolina is where I would love to be!

7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.

I would lengthen it.  Not only does it feel like there are never enough hours in the day, but it would give more time to be with those I love.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

A friend sent this to me on Facebook the other day, and I've been singing this song ever since - it is so fun, and is a fun compilation of movies too!  Sorry I couldn't figure out how to actually put the video on here - but follow the link below - you'll be glad you did!  Enjoy! :-)

HERE!!!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I almost posted that video too. My daughter sent it to me earlier this week. I love the song! Good luck with your home issues and sale. We are in sell mode here, and the buying end is so much more fun : )

Bobbi said...

I totally love your answer re: talking sweet to the copier. I laughed out loud!! Thank you! Happiest of Hodgepodges to you!!

Lisa Laree said...

I work in our church office, too...Easter is one BUSY SEASON! Hope you get to catch your breath and enjoy it!