Feel the rhythm, Feel the ride, Get on Up, it's Hodgepodge Time!
1. Did you watch The Oscars? How many of the Best Picture nominees have you seen? (American Sniper, Birdman, Boyhood, Selma, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Imitation Game, The Theory of Everything, and Whiplash)
Nope, I missed the Oscars, and I don't ever get out to the movies, so I'm really out of the loop on this one! My hubby and teen son went to see American Sniper the other night, and absolutely loved it - my hubs said he thought it was the most inspiring movie he had ever seen.
Nope, I missed the Oscars, and I don't ever get out to the movies, so I'm really out of the loop on this one! My hubby and teen son went to see American Sniper the other night, and absolutely loved it - my hubs said he thought it was the most inspiring movie he had ever seen.
Do you think actors should use their acceptance speeches as an opportunity to promote their political and/or social agenda? Does that sort of speech make you more or less inclined to change the channel?
I feel like their acceptance speeches should be focused on their work, why they are there - not to promote a political or social agenda. There are other ways they can do that - through their charity giving, etc.
2. Speaking of the movies... are you comfortable going to a movie alone? How about dinner in a restaurant (not fast food, but an actual restaurant)? The second half of this question was posed by Carrie who blogs over at It's Not Easy Being Queen. Thanks Carrie!
I'll admit I'm not comfortable going to a movie alone, mainly because I love having someone to share it with. Dinner in a real restaurant by myself, not my favorite thing either, but I could do it - because not having to do dishes is awesome. I have also found that when I dine alone, I don't get as good of service at restaurants. Weird.
3. What's the last home repair or home improvement project you had to pay someone to complete? In hindsight was this a project you could have done yourself?
Ugh - our home in North Carolina. We are putting it on the market soon, and it needs repainting on the inside. If we lived closer, I would totally be doing it on my own. But nope, we have to hire someone. Frustrating.
4. Have you ever had Indian food? Like it or no? If you're a fan, what's your favorite dish? Have you ever prepared this yourself at home? Is there an Indian restaurant in your current hometown?
I've had Indian food a few times - I don't really like overly spicy food, and that has been my experience with a lot of Indian food.
5. A song that reminds you of your parents?
This one... we used to listen to it on our long drives to our camping vacations....
6. The 26th of February is National Tell A Fairy Tale Day. What's your favorite, or one of your favorite, fairy tales? Do you have any childhood memories associated with a particular fairy tale?
My favorite fairy tale is Cinderella - and yes, i can't wait for the new version to come out in a couple of weeks! As a child i had a book of fairy tales and there was a picture of Cinderella in a blue sparkly dress, and I thought it was the MOST beautiful dress EVER! Recently I found that book again, and it was actually kinda gaudy... but oh well, the little girl in me still loved it.
7. What's a problem you solved yesterday?
Just one? bahahahahaaa... um, the most obvious would be the first one that came my way, when I was up at 0-dark-hundred because of the neighbor's barking dogs - sigh - and while I was grumbling about wanting to sleep enjoying my quiet time, the power went out! So i called the power company, only to find that they had gotten our "move out" date wrong, and had shut off our power! I was so thankful that I was up when that happened - otherwise we would have all slept through our alarms, and there wouldn't have been hot water for the coffee - I KNOW!- and other such inconveniences.
8. Insert your own random thought here
We are moving in four days. Enough said. Prayers for NO RAIN (darn the 70% chance of rain forecast!) and for a quick easy transition to the new place would be appreciated! (And yes, we are moving away from the obnoxious dogs next door. There is a silver lining to this move after all!

6 comments:
Hope your move goes well. That's definitely no fun!
Sometimes God works in mysterious ways : ) Rain would not be fun, so I do hope the skies stay dry!
Hope your move and adjustment to your new home goes smoothly.
I would love to help you nest a little. Not move-- I will say that honestly. Then we could go to a non~indian restaurant of your choosing wearing matching Cinderella dresses and then see a movie of my choosing (which would be a chick flick since I never get to see those at home). We would share popcorn and then come and drink some Edna Valley and sing countless rounds of Grandmas Feather Bed! I loved that song!!
Ha. 'Not having to do dishes is awesome.' Lol Sounds like a good enough reason to me. :-)
I remember "Grandma's Feather Bed"! Great song! Prayers that your move goes off without a hitch! Breathe in...breathe out. You've got this!
Post a Comment