Good morning friends! I've got my coffee, my fuzzy blankie, David Nevue playing in the background, and my laptop... after what was a very long night, this is a wonderful way to start my morning with you all! Much love to you!
1. Have you ever written a love letter? Have you written one recently? Had one written to you? Did you keep it?
Oh yes - I will say, that is one of the only fun things about my husband being deployed, is we wrote some pretty wonderful love letters to each other! I haven't written one lately, but you know, I should! And yes, I kept every one my husband sent me, and even a rough draft of one I sent to him... it's good, my friends. (blush!)
2. What's a movie that ends in a way you especially love?
When Harry Met Sally - "I hate you, Harry, I really hate you!" and then they kiss!
3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing?
The sound and smell of the waves crashing on the ocean. Spring flowers erupting through the winter ground. The sound of loved ones laughing together.
4. What's the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly?
Over the weekend I had to attend a dinner at our church - normally I love those types of things, but I had been packing our boxes to move all day long and I was exhausted! However, I had RSVP'd to come, so I went, but instead of making an amazing salad to take with me like I normally would, I cheated and got a couple of Trader Joes pre-made salads and threw them together. I don't like "cheating" like that normally... but I'm in survival mode here people! (And the dinner was fun, and the salad was fine. I mean seriously, I think I put way too high of expectations on myself sometimes.
Did I just hear a resounding "Ya THINK?!" from all of my family and friends?
5. Tuna fish salad-yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?
Meh, I can take it or leave it... it's never something I crave, if you know what I mean. (Well, except for one time when I was pregnant, I woke up and I wanted tuna fish SO badly... and so I ate some, and promptly threw it all up again. Maybe that's why I don't particularly care for it now!)
6. What's something you 'know by heart'?
That God loves me, that He has everything under control, and there is absolutely nothing I can ever do that would separate me from His love. Oh what assurance that is! He is so good.
Oh, you mean something i have memorized? My phone number from when I was a child, the Lord's prayer, Psalm 23, and the prayer my eldest used to pray every night when he was little "Dear God, dank you Mama, Daddy, Elmo... amen"
7. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie...anyone at all whom you love.
"Three squeezes" - When my hubs and I were dating, as we held hands I would squeeze three times to say "I love you" - and that has continued to this day, and with our kids. Our own little secret code!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So, the moving saga continues... We move into our new home, just 12 houses down from our current home, in 2 1/2 weeks. I have been packing like a mad woman, while at the same time praying like crazy... No answers yet on my hubs job situation, so we are putting one foot in front of the other, trusting that God will give us direction along the way. I appreciate the prayers, not only for our peace as we go through this time, but also for safe travels as the kiddos and I drive to Utah this weekend to see my in-laws, and to pick up my hubby, who is flying in to meet us there and then drive home with us to help with the move and such! I can't wait to see him... I'm kinda fond of that guy! Have a blessed weekend, friends! Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:
I'm glad to hear you got the house in your same neighborhood. Moving is a pain, no matter the distance, but at least things remain somewhat the same with kids routines. Good luck with everything, and enjoy having your hubs home!
I'll be praying for a smooth transition for all...I know it's stressful. Have a wonderful reunion with your hubby! Talk about a perfect Valentine's Day!
Three squeezes--I love that secret code! I'm so excited that you'll get MORE than 3 squeezes this weekend from your Main Squeeze!
As for the salad and cheating, phshaww--give yourself some GRACE! I went through a survival mode once and came to grips with that unspoken expectation that seems to only plague WOMEN at church gatherings. My husband says men NEVER expect a guy to make something homemade and they never feel silly guilt about it!
Soon you'll be in that new home, and moving will be a distant memory and something you're thankful for when you look back. Happy Val Day, friend!
The ocean is my happy place for sure. Been pretty cold (for Florida) lately and I cannot wait to go back to the beach and just listen.
Oh man! That tuna thrown up must have been a disaster! Ick!
I am happy to hear that hubby will be there to help you move. I am praying for your family, friend!
Thank you, Sally for being an example of how to be open and honest with yourself and others. I enjoy your writings when I take time to read them and want to be more like you "when I grow up."
Rose Blank (Pensacola not Brasil)
Sometimes I don't have anything to say, while also having everything to say; so just sitting with a friend who understands is all I can do...today is one of those days. I wish we were closer, Sally...I miss your face...
Happy your move is close, and your hubby is on his way home for a visit...hugs all around...
Love,
E
The sound and smell of waves crashing on the ocean. I've only twice experienced that, once on the east coast, once on the west coast. It's been a long time and does sound thrilling.
Hi, Nice site I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. Would it be possible if I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!
Aaron Grey
aarongrey112 at gmail.com
Post a Comment