1. We celebrate Veteran's Day in the US of A on November 11th. When did you last interact with a member of the armed forces (either currently serving or retired)? Have you ever written a letter to a soldier, bought a meal or coffee for a solider, said an unprompted thank you to a soldier you encountered out and about somewhere? If you're not in the US, comment on a similar holiday in your own country.
Ha! Finally, an easy first Hodgepodge question! ;-) My favorite veteran (my hubby!) was home this last week! So yay! And yes, I make it a point whenever I see people in uniform to thank them for their service.
2. You can have fifty pounds of anything at all (except money)...what would you choose?
Oh geez... totally drawing a blank on this one...
3. When did you last receive an invitation in the 'real' mail? What was it for and did you attend? When it comes to RSVP-ing, are you an 'early responder' or a 'last minute, barely-under-the-wire' kind of guest?
The last invitation we received in the "snail mail" was to a friend's baby's first birthday party - so fun! (And it was so much fun to buy Fisher Price Little People toys again!) I'm generally an early responder, unless I know that things are crazy - then I may wait more until the last minute. Just depends on the timing.
4. What's something you really don't like to waste?
Time.
5. Cheers, Friends, MASH, Seinfeld...of the ones listed, your favorite long-running sitcom?
MASH. Best sitcom ever.
6. What decision are you glad you made?
Marrying my husband. It hasn't been easy, but it has been worth it. He makes me laugh, he drives me crazy, he challenges me, he loves me.
7. In this month of 'Thanksgiving' what is one thing that's different today than it was a year ago that you're grateful for?
I'll admit, this is a hard one. A year ago, I was working three jobs, and now I only have one. That's a bonus. But man... in the last year, my hubby has lost his job. We've had to pull all of our investments in order to make ends meet. Now he is working 2000 miles away at a year contract job. I'm working full time. 3 kids in 3 schools with opposite schedules. Landlord putting our house on the market this weekend. A difficult time for sure... But... my hubby is employed. I'm employed. The kids are healthy and doing well in their schools. God is good - all the time. There is much to be thankful for, even amidst the chaos and the sucky 2000 mile commute.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Feeling stressed? Check out this video... I want to go here. Every day. During my lunch break. Seriously.

3 comments:
You have had quite the year, but it's great you're able to put a positive spin on things. That makes a big difference I think. I'm glad your hubs got home, and hopefully he'll be back soon for turkey day!
Say thanks to your favorite veteran from me! I represent the right coast and we are proud to have men like him among the ranks (past included). Can't get the video to play on my ipad but when i get a chance I will check it out. I'm sure if you like it, so would I!
I know it is a tough year for your family, but you are hanging in there. You are making necessary sacrifices for a good reason. God bless you.
Post a Comment